Tuesday October 18, 2005 8:22 pm
Grey’s Anatomy: Deny, Deny, Deny
Since the theme of this week’s show was denial, let me be the first to admit that I was in denial about how good this show really was. Don’t get me wrong—I’ve always liked the show, but I merely found it entertaining. It just seemed like your average hospital show in a very good time slot. But last week something turned around for me and forced me to sit up and take notice. I’m not sure if I hadn’t been paying close enough attention before or if the writers finally catered to the sensitive girl in me.. all I know is that I found myself crying. Then this week came around - and I started crying again!
So after two weeks of blubbering, I figure there’s got to be something to this show. Or maybe it’s just the late hour that makes me weepy? Last Sunday, it was Derek trying to console Meredith after her breakdown that got to me. This week, it was Burke climbing into bed and holding Cristina. It’s nice to know that there are good men in fake Seattle. Here, in real Seattle, I know that finding a good man like that can be extremely difficult…so I cry.
But let me give the show the credit it deserves. There were several other choice nuggets in the last episode that kept my attention:
- Two words: Munchausen’s Syndrome. It’s my favorite disorder. I just love how the phrase rolls off my tongue.
- Love Triangle: Now that Derek has hesitated signing his divorce papers… this triangle between him, Meredith and Addison is really starting to heat up. I read somewhere that this situation could be loosely compared to the whole Jen-Brad-Angelina thing, and I couldn’t agree more!
- Scandalous Pasts: We finally found out why Dr. Webber was constantly harping on George to take care of Ellis Grey. They used to be secret lovahs! Juicy!
- Witty Quotes: “You lost a fallopian tube, a baby and a boyfriend all in one day.. you have every right to be upset”. Classic!
- Hunk Alert: That Dr. Burke is quickly surpassing Dr. Shepherd and Alex as the sexiest doc at Seattle Grace. Yum!
I admit it - I’m hooked. I have moved beyond Stage: Denial and have finally reached the Stage: Acceptance rung. Now I’ll just have to check with my sponsor to see if being addicted to one more TV show is a good thing.
- Related Tags:
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.