On The Bleeding Edge: Bleeding Edge TV 514: 2015 Ford Edge revealed

Wednesday March 28, 2012 3:37 am

Jon Hamm Tells Mad Men Fans to Smoke and Drink

Posted by Andru Edwards Categories: Drama, Prime Time, Features

Jon Hamm as Don DraperJon Hamm is proud that Mad Men makes people want to booze and smoke. The 41-year-old actor plays hard-drinking and hard-smoking character Don Draper in the 1960s advertising drama and he admits he has to smoke "a lot" of herbal cigarettes for the part.

Jon doesn't care that the show seemingly inspires viewers to live unhealthy lifestyles and he instead encourages it: "Someone actually watched the pilot and counted the number of cigarettes I smoked in that episode and it was something like 74. You can hear it in my voice, it is a debilitating endeavor. But we're being realistic - people did smoke back then. My father smoked everywhere, even in the car, in the summertime, with the windows up - it was part of life. I have read that watching the show makes some people at home want to smoke and drink. I think, well, knock yourself out."

Rather than find it difficult to play someone so different from himself, Jon enjoys it. He says it's particularly fun to shoot womanizer Don's love scenes because he has been in a committed relationship with actress-and-screenwriter Jennifer Westfeldt for 15 years.

"It is amusing [to play a womanizer] and that's part of the reason this is a dream job. It is great to play someone that is so different from myself. That is what every actor wants to do - to have the chance to go up there and not be themselves."

Comments:

ecigboss.com ecigboss.com 9/11/13 3:25 am

Smoking cigarettes should be avoided for your own particular health. If you are a woman, you should have acknowledged by now that you have a larger number of things to look into than men who smoke. You are a woman, and you ought to be the life-provider. You can’t give a life that is not beneficial, in this manner you should keep yourself healthy too.  Electronic Cigarette one of the best ways to stop smoking.

E Cigarette E Cigarette 10/7/13 12:31 am

To quit smoking is very difficult but there are solutions out there such as ecigs to help.

Kyle Rose Kyle Rose 10/21/13 5:20 pm

Smoking cigarettes is really not good for health instead I would suggest e-cigarettes as a good alternative to smoking tobacco. I myself tried various ways to quit tobacco but was unable to do so until I heard of e-cigarette and I used it as an alternative to quitting tobacco.

I got my first E-Cigarette Kit from boostedvapor.com and the product worked wonders now I do not feel like smoking tobacco anymore.

I am really happy to quit tobacco.

air velocity transmitter air velocity transmitter 11/16/13 4:44 am

Smoking is on the decline, but some people are still lighting up. Why? The answer is addiction
Ref: air velocity transmitter
_______________

e cigarette with no nicotine, heath benefits of electronic cigarette,

Denis Neporent Denis Neporent 2/8/14 5:01 pm

<a href=“http://ehookahreview.net/”>Denis Neporent</a>
E HOOKAH combines the most advanced technology to provide the best possible
smoking experience available from an Electronic Cigarette.

Hello friend very interesting topic , I hope yours the next entries will be the same. I have you in my favourites and I am following by email .
I appreciate the professional work of writing and managing this blog.Best regards

Comments: Page 1 of 1 pages