Sunday February 3, 2008 8:13 pm
This Week On TV (2/4-2/10)
Posted by Veronica Santiago Categories: Award Shows, Comedy, Drama, Late Night, Music, Prime Time, Reality, Sci-Fi/Horror, Talk Shows, ABC, Bravo, Cable, CBS, FOX, MTV, NBC, The CW, American Idol, House, Nip/Tuck, Survivor
(You can view the whole Revamped TV Programming Schedule here.)
- Welcome to the Captain (CBS, 8:30): Series premiere. “A Hollywood wunderkind in a career slump is persuaded by his friend to move into his famous Tinseltown apartment building with an eclectic group of tenants.” Eclectic = show gone soon.
- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (FOX, 9pm): “John discovers the figure may be bleaker than he imagined.” I’m confused. If he’s currently in 2007, he should have already seen what the future looks like in Rise of the Machines.
- The New Adventures of Old Christine (CBS, 9:30): Season Three premiere. “Christine gets overly nervous about sleeping with Mr. Harris (Blair Underwood) for the first time.” I think I already saw this episode…..on Sex and the City.
- Late Night With David Letterman (CBS, 11:30): Hillary Clinton sits down with the talk show host. Any woman who can make us forget Paris Hilton deserves to be President.
**NOTE: Super Tuesday coverage will interrupt the normal programming schedule**
- The Biggest Loser (NBC, 8pm): “Chef Rocco DiSpirito judges a cook-off challenge and prepares a special meal for the winning couple.” I really don’t think the winners should be filled with false expectations. Life post-show will not be filled with private chefs.
- One Tree Hill (CW, 9pm): “Victoria stirs up trouble at Peyton’s new label and Lindsey finds out how Peyton really feels about her.” You know what this means: cat fights!
- House (FOX, 9pm): “House and the team consider foul play and a sudden change of religion while treating a woman who collapsed at her wedding.” They later realize that this really was a simple case of cold feet.
- Nip/Tuck (FX, 10pm): “Eden looks to Sean for help after getting in to business with Kimber and Ram.” Is anyone else wondering where Portia de Rossi ran off to? Her girlfriend has been sleeping with Christian and now her daughter’s now a porn star!
- American Idol (FOX, 8pm): “The best of the rest auditions.” In other words - they’ll be stretching this out for as long as they can.
- Supernanny (ABC, 9pm): “A badly behaved 5-year-old boy overshadows his 3-year-old sister.” Well, he is made of snakes and snails and puppy dog tails…
- Project Runway (Bravo, 10pm): “The seamsters rumble when they must create clothes inspired by professional wrestling divas.” I’m guessing they’ll only get $5 for materials.
- CSI: NY (CBS, 10pm): “A drowning victim is discovered in a self-cleaning public restroom and it quickly becomes apparent that the death was no accident.” Anyone who uses a public facility has to accept a certain level of risk.
- Survivor: Micronesia (CBS, 8pm): Season premiere. “Ten ultra-fans of the show compete against 10 former castaways.” The thing that separates this season from MTV‘s ‘Rookies vs. Veterans’ shows is the lack of alcohol. And showers.
- Supernatural (CW, 9pm): “Bobby is poisoned with a dream potion and lapses into a deadly coma, so Sam and Dean take the potion themselves to enter the dream and save him, but to do so they all must confront their own personal nightmares.” I heard Freddy Krueger was coming back, but I didn’t realize he was going to the CW!
- Lipstick Jungle (NBC, 10pm): Series premiere. “Three powerful women navigate the business world, friendship and romance.” I think I’ve seen this before…..on Sex and the City.
- Randy Jackson Presents: America’s Best Dance Crew (MTV, 10pm): Series premiere. “Dance crews from around the country audition for a touring contract.” Associating Randy Jackson with dancing is like having Ryan Seacrest host the Super Bowl pre-game festivities.
- Gone Country (CMT, 8pm): “The group competes in a ‘Hick Chick’ challenge involving belching, watermelon-seed spitting and a toilet-seat toss.” I always thought my aversion to the channel had to do with my disinterest in country music. Now I realize there’s so much more to it.
- Friday Night Lights (NBC, 9pm): “Riggins continues pursing Lyla despite her new relationship.” Riggins shouldn’t worry. I hear Minka Kelly‘s relationship with John Mayer is like so over.
- Psych (USA, 10pm): “Shawn and Gus work the catwalk as male models to investigate the murder of a noted fashion designer.” Considering all the hideous items models have been forced to wear, I’m surprised these death investigations don’t happen more often.
- Las Vegas (NBC, 10pm): “Security scopes out a horse-race bettor with an unblemished winning streak.” Well if the New England Patriots have proven anything, it’s that all winning streaks will eventually come to an end.
- Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (ABC, 8pm): Three-word summary: Miley Cyrus appearance.
- 50th Annual Grammy Awards (CBS, 8pm): Kanye West, Beyonce, Amy Winehouse. Which one of these stars just won’t be showing up?
- 100 Most Outrageous Moments (NBC, 9-11pm): “Outrageous clips culled from viewer submissions, TV bloopers and game shows.” Isn’t this what YouTube is for?
- Brothers & Sisters (ABC, 10pm): New episode. “A surprise visit from Jason forces Kevin to rethink his future and his romantic life.” Hopefully a rumored end to the writers’ strike will help him resolve the matter.
- Related Tags:
- 100 most outrageous moments, american idol, americas best dance crew, amy winehouse, beyonce, blair underwood, brothers & sisters, brothers and sisters, cmt, csi new york, csi ny, csi: new york, csi: ny, extreme makeover home edition, friday night lights, gone country, grammys, hillary clinton, house, kanye west, las vegas, late night with david letterman, lipstick jungle, miley cyrus, nip tuck, nip/tuck, one tree hill, programming schedule, project runway, psych, randy jackson, sidefeatured, super tuesday, supernanny, supernatural, survivor, survivor fans vs. favorites, survivor micronesia, terminator, the biggest loser, the new adventures of old christine, the sarah connor chronicles, this week on tv, welcome to the captain
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.