Wednesday January 13, 2010 5:14 pm
Tuesday Ratings: American Idol Back on Top
Were they simply curious to see life on Idol post-Paula Abdul? Were they hoping to get their Simon Cowell fix? Were they dying to see Victoria Beckham crack a smile? Whatever the reason, fans turned out in droves for the premiere of American Idol. The show easily dominated the competition and had its best-rated debut since 2007.
- American Idol (11.8/29 in 18-49) had 29.9 million sucked in.
- Approximately 20.7 million watched the 150th episode of NCIS (4.3/11).
- The Biggest Loser (8.1 million, 3.2/8) slimmed down by 3.6 million.
- Scrubs* (0.8/2) scrapped up 2.6 million.
- Better Off Ted (2.2 milion, 0.8/2) lost 800,000.
- 90210* (0.3/1) nailed down 770,500.
Read More | Variety
- NCIS: LA (15.5 million, 3.0/7 in 18-49) took a 2.5 million hit.
- A second Scrubs (2.7 million, 1.2/3) did better than the first.
- Better Off Ted (2.5 million, 1.0/2) was off 100,00 from last week.
- Melrose Place* (0.3/1) turned in 688,500.
- The Good Wife (13.8 million, 3.0/9 in 18-49) remained steady.
- The Jay Leno Show (5.4 million, 1.9/5) gave up 1 million.
- The Forgotten (4.4 million, 1.3/4) did the same.
(You can review last Tuesday’s ratings here.)
- Related Tags:
- 18-49, american idol, american idol 9, audience, better off ted, biggest loser, biggest loser 9, biggest loser couples, biggest loser: couples, demos, forgotten, good wife, jay leno show, ncis, ncis la, ncis los angeles, ncis: la, ncis: los angeles, ratings, scrubs, the biggest loser, the biggest loser 9, the biggest loser couples, the biggest loser season 9, the biggest loser: couples, the forgotten, the good wife, the jay leno show, tuesday ratings, viewers
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.