Latest Video: FilmCrunch 067: Hairspray, Chuck & Larry, Premonition reviewed
-Oscar winner Kevin Spacey could be making a home on television. The American Beauty star is in talks to play a cult leader in a The Crux, a new HBO series. Details on the project are scarce.
-A reported suicide attempt won’t keep Fantasia Barrino from a publicity tour. The former American Idol winner will being promoting her new album next week. First up, an appearance on GMA on August 24.
-Will Jet Blue steward Steven Slater slide his way onto a television show? Stone Entertainment has reportedly offered the flight attendant a chance to host a reality series about disgruntled employees and their dramatic exits.
-The Office will soon be opening a new headquarters overseas. Creator Ricky Gervais has announced that a Chinese version of the comedy is currently in development. The U.S. version will start Season 7 on September 23.
Here’s an update on the shows you will and won’t be seeing in the months to come:
- The Antonio Treatment (HGTV) - Additional 13 episodes ordered
- Are We There Yet? (TBS) - Additional 90 episodes ordered
- Minute to Win It (NBC) - Additional 24 episodes ordered
Read More | Futon Critic
Here are some of the TV on DVD options available this Tuesday:
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold (Season 1, Part 1)
- Bonanza (Best of)
- Cougar Town (Season 1)
- Dexter (Season 4)
- Friday Night Lights (Season 4)
- Keeping Up with the Kardashians (Season 3)
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Season 2)
- One Tree Hill (Season 7)
- Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends (Season 4)
- Temple Grandin (TV Movie)
- Ugly Betty (Final Season)
Make sure to also check out the DVD and Blu-ray film options for this week.
Read More | Amazon
- The Secret Life of the American Teenager (ABC, 8 p.m.): “Ben and Adrian have ulterior motives for getting engaged.” He really needs a new Wii while she’s eyeing a new bedspread.
- Intervention (A&E, 9 p.m.): “A flight attendant battles alcoholism.” The intervention takes a turn when he grabs two beers and flees via the emergency slide.
- The Big C (Showtime, 10:30 p.m.): Series premiere. “Suburban Minneapolis wife and schoolteacher Cathy (Laura Linney), who is dying from skin cancer, begins to take charge of her life and live it up a little.” Here’s to SPF 15—Woo Hoo!
Here’s an update on the shows you’ll be seeing more of in the months to come:
- Entourage (HBO) - Season 8 (Final) **Likely followed by big screen film**
- The Fabulous Beekman Boys (Planet Green) - Season 2
- Locked Up Abroad (Nat. Geographic) - Season 5
- Merlin (Syfy) - Season 3
- Shark Tank (ABC) - Season 2
- Taboo (Nat. Geographic) - Season 7
Read More | TV by the Numbers
“The other day I realized as long as I’m in this business, I’m going to be hungry. The camera really does add 10 pounds. I’m trying to stay under the weight I want to look like on TV. It’s a good incentive to stay slim and is probably adding years to my life.”
-True Blood‘s Kristin Bauer (Pam) on the pressures of being thin for her role.
(Make sure to check out our other notable quotes.)
Read More | PopEater
- Bachelor Pad (ABC, 8pm): Series debut. “The Bachelor and The Bachelorette meet Big Brother in this elimination contest, in which 19 castoffs from the ABC dating games face weekly challenges while living under the same roof. Before the first elimination, there’s a day-night group date.” Rejects being rejected by rejects? This is Must See TV!
- Last Comic Standing (NBC, 9pm): Season finale. “The winning stand-up comic is revealed.” I look forward to hearing nothing about this person for years to come.
- Huge (ABC Family, 9pm): “The campers get anxious when they hear it’s time for their first weigh-in.” The results will determine whom they face in the ring.
- The Bachelorette (ABC, 8pm): Season finale. “Ali arrives in Bora Bora with two guys (Chris L. and Roberto) and one rose. Her family are also there—-and they do her no favor by liking both bachelors equally.” Her family said it was so hard to choose in this loser-loser situation.
- The Good Guys (FOX, 9pm): “A crime family dispatches an assassin to kill a man in the Witness Protection Program after Dan accidentally exposes the man’s identity.” He forgot to adjust his Facebook privacy settings to “Friends Only.”
- The Closer (TNT, 9pm): “Provenza stumbles into a compromising situation, as is his habit, when he romances a flight attendant on company time—-then discovers a dead body in her condominium.” It was too big to stuff into the overhead compartment.
(Warning: NSFW language ahead.)
I never thought I would find myself saying this, but Jessica Simpson does a lot better in this Entourage cameo than I ever imagined she would.
Granted, I expected very little. And really - how hard could it possibly be to call Ari Gold (Jeremy Piven) an “a**hole”?
Read More | Us Weekly
“Everybody on set now gets to see what goes on behind closed doors. We leave nothing to the imagination! [Laughs] But our love scenes actually work really well. Since the crew knows we do have chemistry and are together in real life, I feel like it takes away from the nerve-racking tension that can occur when people have to watch two actors who are just getting to know each other engage in an intimate scene.”
-True Blood‘s Stephen Moyer on filming love scenes with his Anna Paquin, his real-life fiancee.
(Make sure to check out our other notable quotes.)
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.