Latest Video: FilmCrunch 067: Hairspray, Chuck & Larry, Premonition reviewed
Here’s an update on the shows you'll be seeing more of in the months to come:
- The A-List: New York (Logo) – Season 2
- Bethenny Ever After (Bravo) – Season 2
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) – Three more seasons
- Cake Boss: The Next Great Baker (TLC) – Season 2
- Californication (Showtime) – Season 5
- Flipping Out (Bravo) – Season 5
Read More | Deadline
Aside from America's Next Top Model's Tyra Banks -- how many reality show judges have we actually seen practice what they preach?
Later this week, chef Tom Colicchio will be adding his name to that short list.
Although Bravo is not currently airing Top Chef Masters, we will see one in action this Wednesday on Top Chef: All-Stars. Always wondered how Colicchio would fare in one of the program's "Quickfire" challenges? Check out the preview above.
Read More | New York Post
Posted by Veronica Santiago Categories: Award Shows, Comedy, Drama, Food & Home, Late Night, Music, Prime Time, ABC, Bravo, Cable, CBS, FOX, HBO, NBC, Showtime, TNT-HD, Saturday Night Live, Top Chef, Features, Gossip
Tonight, the annual Emmy Awards telecast will be aired live on both the East and West Coasts (finally!). The ceremony will also incorporate fan tweets into Jimmy Fallon’s material—but will there be any other surprises in the 2010 broadcast?
Will 30 Rock continue its domination in the Comedy category, or will Glee - or even Modern Family - finally topple the reigning champ? Will Mad Men snag another Best Drama win, or will Lost get a statue for its final season?
What will Conan O’Brien say if he wins for The Tonight Show during this NBC event? Will Elisabeth Moss address soon-to-be ex-husband Fred Armisen if she wins for Best Supporting Actress? Oh – the awkward possibilities are endless!
So who won and who lost at the 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards? Read our West Coast play-by-play account of this evening’s telecast and find out!
Read More | Emmys
- Little People (TLC, 8pm): “A county inspector pays a surprise visit to Roloff Farms and threatens to shut it down before the start of pumpkin season.” A reopening appears as likely as the Great Pumpkin’s arrival.
- Cake Boss (TLC, 9:30pm): “A cake shaped like a pink hearse is created.” It’s like they say, you’ll end up in what you eat.
- The Real Housewives of New Jersey (Bravo, 10pm): “It’s in the cards that Jacqueline will host a poker night, where Danielle’s ex-flame spills more scandalous gossip.” Thank goodness for staged sex tapes, otherwise these ladies would have nothing to talk about.
Natalie Portman spiced up Top Chef with her recent appearance, making the table laugh with her somewhat ribald joke. And she looks so sweet!
Want to hear the quip? Watch the clip!
Read More | E! Online
Bravo has recently picked up a Top Chef spin-off, titled Top Chef: Just Desserts. Casting is underway, and the show is expected to air in 2010 after production wraps.
Though Top Chef offers great reality TV fare, desserts aren’t often on the menu. “Their Achilles heel is usually the desserts,” Frances Berwick, Bravo executive Vice President and general manager, admitted. “We’ve been thinking it would be fun to do a Top Chef with experienced pastry chefs. We’ve had a few pastry chefs…but they haven’t gone too far. It’s just a different skill.”
One that will finally have its own Top Chef spotlight, apparently. No hosts or judges for the show have been revealed, but it’s all supposed to come together in upcoming weeks.
Read More | Variety
(Make sure to check out TV Envy’s Programming Schedule.)
- Heroes (NBC, 8pm): “Claire and Gretchen go through hazing, but they’ve got other problems facing them.” They could just be blackballed from the entire network.
- Trauma (NBC, 9pm): “Tyler and Boone are called to a Halloween party that has gone haywire.” Every year, someone takes “Dead Man’s Party” literally.
- Gossip Girl (CW, 9pm): “Elsewhere, Dan is rattled when he watches one of Olivia’s on-screen sex scenes.” No one wants to think about Lizzie Maguire having sex.
Here’s an update on the shows you’ll be seeing more of in the months to come:
- Castle (ABC) - Full season order
- Community (NBC) - Full season order
- Lie to Me (FOX) - Three more episodes ordered
- Melrose Place (CW) - Five more episodes ordered
- Mercy (NBC) - Full season order
- Parks and Recreation (NBC) - Full season order
- The Vampire Diaries (CW) - Full season order
Read More | Futon Critic
Here’s an update on the shows you will and won’t be seeing in the months to come:
- Dude, What Would Happen (Cartoon Network) - Ten more episodes ordered
- The Good Wife (CBS) - Full season order
- NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS) - Full season order
Read More | E! Online
(To get a look at TV Envy’s 2009 Fall Programming Schedule, click here.)
- Top Gear (BBC, 8pm): Season premiere. “The season opens on the Isle of Man, where the hosts tests the Aston Martin V8 Vantage, the BMW M6 and the Porsche 911 Carrera S.” They had me at “Isle of Man.”
- Dating in the Dark (ABC, 9pm): “Contestants search through their dates’ cars, hoping to find personality clues about one another.” Crushed Cheerios in the backseat or hair fibers in the trunk means it’s time to walk away.
- Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations (Travel, 10pm): “The host visits Bangkok to experience the local customs and cuisine.” One night in Bangkok and be full of oysters… (Sorry, couldn’t help it.)
- Hoarders (A&E, 10pm): Series premiere. “A series profiling people with compulsive-hoarding disorder. In the opener: a woman who hoards food in two freezers and four refrigerators.” She was just stocking up for the 2012 block party.
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.