A mere 20,000 viewers. That was the only thing keeping CBS from winning both the viewers and the demos last night. ABC’s reality block - with its 12.18 million average - barely managed to squeak past the Eye and its 12.16 million followers.
- Dancing with the Stars (18.7 million, 4.2/12 in 18-49) picked up 400,000.
- 24‘s finale (9.4 million, 3.0/8) was down 600,000 from last week.
- Rules of Engagement (2.6/8) rang up 7.5 million; How I Met Your Mother (3.7/10 wrapped up with 8.7 million.
- Deal or No Deal (4.8 million, 1.3/4) scored 600,000 more.
- Gossip Girl (2.2 million, 1.1/3) lost 100,000.
Read More | Variety
Monday night saw a heated competition between three different networks. Although ABC was a winner with the viewers, FOX (3.9/11) won a hard-fought battle in the demos over CBS (3.9/10). (ABC and its 3.6/10 wasn’t that far behind.)
- Dancing with the Stars (4.2/11 in 18-49) averaged 18.3 million.
- House‘s season ender (12.3 million, 4.6/13) had the best demos of the evening.
- The Big Bang Theory (3.6/11) registered 9.8 million; How I Met Your Mother (3.6/10) turned in 8.7 million.
- Deal or No Deal (1.0/3) drummed up 4.2 million.
- Gossip Girl (1.2/3) sucked in 2.3 million.
Read More | Variety
The Game Show Network will sponsor the first-ever game show awards, an event that will celebrate everything the cable channel loves about televising gaming. Howie Mandel will emcee the event, which airs June 6 at 8pm ET on GSN.
“I want the game show awards to be unlike any awards show on television,” Mandel said in a recent statement. “We’ll see what happens.” Mandel’s comedic career enjoyed renewed success with the launch of Deal or No Deal, which became a hit for NBC. Mandel was nominated for an Emmy in 2008 by virtue of his work on the show.
Posted by Veronica Santiago Categories:
(You can view TV Envy’s Midseason Programming Schedule here.)MONDAY 12/29)
- Seven Deadly Sins (History, 9pm): “The sin of lust is examined in the opener of a seven-part series exploring the seven capital vices, including their origin in religious teaching and history’s worst perpetrators.” In case you needed some help thinking of a good resolution.
- Bromance (MTV, 9pm): Series premiere. “Brody Jenner is introduced to nine guys who will be competing to be part of his entourage.” Finding someone less annoying than Spencer Pratt shouldn’t be too hard.
- The City (MTV, 10pm):: Series premiere. “Whitney Port arrives in New York City and begins working for iconic fashion designer Diane von Furstenberg.” And by “working,” we mean she’ll be giving Diane free publicity.
- 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs (VH1, 10pm): “A five-part countdown of the Top 100 hard rock songs begins.” On VH1, Daughtry is considered hard rock.
(You can view TV Envy’s Midseason Programming Schedule here.)MONDAY 12/22)
- Prison Break (FOX, 9pm): “Sara is waiting for news of Michael in a luxury hotel, and she’s not enjoying the luxury.” She becomes unreasonably paranoid anytime someone offers to turn down her bed.
- Momma’s Boys (NBC, 9pm): “The guys go on group dates planned by their moms and individual dates they planned.” Until the big Jay Leno move, NBC will just run MTV’s hand-me-downs.
- The Hills (MTV, 10pm): Season 4 finale. “Lauren and Heidi run into each other and are reminded of why they used to be friends.” I, quite frankly, could use a reminder as well.
- 17 Kids & Counting (TLC, 10pm): “The family welcomes the arrival of Jordyn-Grace Makiya Duggar.” Wake me up when they get to “J.Lo.”
If there ever was a time for fans to support Lipstick Jungle, it’s now. Unfortunately, the show facing cancellation just took another another step backward, not forward. Last night, the show placed third in its hour and dropped 21% from last week. But then again, if Knight Rider can get a full season pickup - who knows?
- Ghost Whisperer (11.4 million, 2.7/9 in 18-49) fell by 400,000.
- Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? (6 million, 1.3/4) picked up a 1/2 million.
- Deal or No Deal (5.7 million, 1.2/4) added on 400,000.
- Wife Swap (4.8 million, 1.7/5) tacked on 200,000 more.
- Everybody Hates Chris (1.8 million, 0.7/2) did the same as last week; The Game (1.6 million, 0.8/2) was down a notch.
Read More | TV by the Numbers
Despite lower numbers for the 9:00 hour (no NCIS repeat this this time), CBS was still on top last Friday. A large part of the network’s success was due to Ghost Whisperer. The series hit a season high with the viewers last week.
- Ghost Whisperer (11.7 million, 2.9/10 in 18-49) picked up 600,000.
- Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? (5.5 million, 1.2/4) fell by 900,000.
- Deal or No Deal (5.3 million, 1.2/4) lost 200,000.
- Supernanny (4.6 million, 1.4/5) did the same as last week’s Wife Swap.
- Everybody Hates Chris (1.8 million, 0.7/2) was up a notch; The Game (1.7 million, 0.7/2) remained steady.
Read More | TV by the Numbers
Posted by Veronica Santiago Categories: Award Shows, Comedy, Daytime, Drama, Games, Music, Prime Time, Reality, Sci-Fi/Horror, Specials, Talk Shows, ABC, Bravo, Cable, CBS, FOX, MTV, NBC, Showtime, Syndication, The CW, 24, ER, Oprah Winfrey Show, Prison Break, The Office
(You can view TV Envy’s Fall Television Programming Schedule here.)MONDAY (11/17)
- Gossip Girl (CW, 8pm): “Cyrus (Wallace Shawn) implements changes to the Waldorf Thanksgiving traditions, which upsets Blair.” The introduction of iocane powder is always a controversial decision.
- Jon & Kate Plus 8 (TLC, 9pm): “Jon and Kate renew their vows in an intimate Hawaiian ceremony.” Wait a second - that wedding hasn’t happened yet? They’ve been milking that cow for weeks!
- Prison Break (FOX, 9pm): “T-Bag’s boss at GATE makes him a tempting offer.” Please don’t let it be a season renewal.
- My Own Worst Enemy (NBC, 10pm): “Edward makes a risky deal with a KGB agent to find information on his past.” Edward better hurry up. He only has a few chances left to get it all figured out.
At this point, I’m not sure if there is anything CBS could do wrong on Friday nights. Even when things were down (a.k.a. The Ex List days), the network was still on top. Now a repeat is surpassing the Eye’s originals.
- Ghost Whisperer (11.05, 2.8/9 in 18-49) had the night’s best demos.
- Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? (6.4 million, 1.6/5) raised its grade by 1.8 million.
- Deal or No Deal (5.5 million, 1.1/4) scored a 1/2 million more.
- Wife Swap (4.6 million, 1.7/6) picked up a million.
- Everybody Hates Chris (1.7 million, 0.7/2) added on 400,000; The Game (1.7 million, 0.8/2) drew in 500,000 more.
Read More | TV by the Numbers
Posted by Veronica Santiago Categories: Comedy, Drama, Games, Prime Time, Reality, Sci-Fi/Horror, Specials, ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, The CW, Dancing With The Stars, Prison Break, Saturday Night Live, Ratings
Somewhere an NBC exec is thinking about permanently replacing Heroes and My Own Worst Enemy. Thanks to a rare Monday night SNL, the Peacock network took a hold of the demos yesterday. Meanwhile, ABC - with the help of DWTS - snagged another win with the viewers.
- Dancing with the Stars (17.4 million, 3.9/9 in 18-49) voted off 1.4 million.
- The Big Bang Theory (9.9 million, 3.8/10) added on 1.9 million; How I Met Your Mother (9.6 million, 4.1/10) picked up 2.3 million more.
- A special Deal or No Deal (2.0/5) got 7.1 million playing along.
- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (2.0/5) returned to 5.2 million.
- Gossip Girl (3.2 million, 1.6/4) was up a few notches.
Read More | Hollywood Reporter
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.