FOX may have Tuesdays and Wednesdays, but NBC rules Mondays with its share of reality hits. Last night, the network lead in both viewers and demos.
- Dance War (9.2 million, 2.4/6 in 18-49) was the hour’s most-watched.
- American Gladiators (8.8 million, 3.7/9) surpassed its reality competitor in the demos.
- About 7.9 million tuned in to see a Prison Break (3.3/9).
- Both How I Met Your Mother* (2.7/7) and Welcome to the Captain (2.6/7) earned 7.1 million viewers.
- Gossip Girl* (1.2 million, 0.4/1) slipped by about 250,000.
Read More | Variety
- American Gladiators (4.3/10 in 18-49) challenged 10.1 million hopefuls.
- Dance War: Bruno vs. Carrie Ann (9.8 million, 2.6/6) turned out a pretty decent performance.
- Prison Break (7.8 million, 3.1/8) was steady with last week.
- How I Met Your Mother* (7.1 million, 2.5/6) and The Big Bang Theory* (7.8 million, 2.9/7) were both slightly down.
- About 300,000 loved Everybody Hates Chris* (2.32 million, 0.9/2) more than last Monday; Aliens in America* (1.4 million, 0.5/1) saw a slight bump as well.
Read More | Variety
It was highly doubtful that Terminator could maintain its monster-sized numbers from Sunday, but I don’t know if many expected what happened last night. It wasn’t a group of Gladiators that brought the show down to size, but rather a comedian and his bevy of suitcase-toting ladies.
- American Gladiators (4.6/12 in 18-49) muscled in 10.7 million.
- Dance War: Bruno vs. Carrie Ann (10.5 million, 2.9/7) came in a close second.
- The Big Bang Theory* (8.2 million, 3.2/8) was up almost 2 million from last week; How I Met Your Mother* (7.3 million, 2.7/7) saw a 1 million bump.
- A new Prison Break (7.9 million, 3.3/8) gained about 700,000 from its last episode.
- About 2 million were lovin’ Everybody Hates Chris* (0.9/2); Aliens in America* (1.31, 0.5/1) didn’t fare as well.
- Deal or No Deal (15 million, 5.0/12 in 18-49) was the biggest show of the evening.
- Even Two and a Half Men* (11.5 million, 3.8/9) outperformed the futuristic robots.
- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (10.1 million, 4.2/10) saw a 45% decline from Sunday’s audience.
- The Rules of Engagement* (8.5 million, 2.7/6) was slightly up from last week.
- Notes from the Underbelly (4.8 million, 1.7/4) didn’t deliver spectacular news.
- Both Girlfriends* (1.32 million, 0.6/1) and The Game* (1.62 million, 0.7/2) remained fairly steady.
- About 14.7 million watched David Caruso and the showgirl on CSI: Miami (4.2/11 in 18-49).
- Medium (9.5 million, 3.3/9) was basically even with last Monday.
- About 4.9 million traveled down October Road (2.0/5).
(You can review last Monday’s ratings here.)
A new crop of reality entries couldn’t take down the comedy/CSI combo on CBS. The Eye Network was victorious with the viewers and the 18-49s.
- Approx. 8 million watched a repeat of House* (2.6/8 in 18-49).
- Clash of the Choirs (2.4/6) sang to the tune of 7.9 million.
- Duel (2.5/7) narrowly came in third with its 7.7 million.
- How I Met Your Mother* (2.3/7) kicked off CBS’ evening with 6.6 million; The Big Bang Theory* (2.4/10) had 6.7 million.
- Everybody Hates Chris* (1.9 million, 0.7/2) and Aliens in America* (1.4 million, 0.5/1) were both down from last week.
- An hour-long Two and a Half Men* (3.7/9 in 18-49) easily beat its competitors with 11.4 million.
- K-Ville (5.3 million, 1.7/4) did a tad bit better than last week.
- Notes from the Underbelly (5 million, 1.9/5) was up about 400,000.
- Girlfriends* (1.4 million, 0.6/2) and The Game* (1.4 million, 0.6/2) were both down about 1 million.
Read More | Hollywood Reporter
- Duel (ABC, 8pm): The first of six-airings this week. In this game show, the contestants ‘challenge each other’s intellect and skill, but a single wrong answer disqualifies them from trying for the $1.5 million prize.’ Seriously - if a show is going to be named ‘Duel’, it should involve body blows.
- Clash of the Choirs (NBC, 8pm): This four-part series brings us Michael Bolton, Patti LaBelle, Nick Lachey and Kelly Rowland. Surprisingly, this combo is not part of some VH1 program.
- Notes from the Underbelly (ABC, 9pm): “Eric must organize a baby party without ruining friendships.” His pals are all hoping they don’t have to come.
- Journeyman (NBC, 10pm): “Dan is sent to rescue a mother and son in an RV hanging from a cliff.” Just for clarification—do his travels always predate the existence of 911?
Strong showings from Two and a Half Men and CSI: Miami gave CBS the advantage last night:
- A 2-hour Deal or No Deal (3.4/9 in 18-49) averaged 12.7 million.
- A new How I Met Your Mother (8.45 million, 3.3/9) was up almost 2 million;The Big Bang Theory* (7.53 million, 2.8/7) saw a 800,000 bump.
- ABC’s I Want A Dog, Charlie Brown (2.6/7) entertained 7.8 million.
- Everybody Hates Chris (2.09 million, 0.9/2) and Aliens in America (1.84 million, 0.7/2) both saw slight increases.
- Two and a Half Men* (11.7 million, 3.8/9 in 18-49) was down about 600,000; Rules of Engagement* (9.61 million, 3.3/8) lost about 800,000.
- A Dance-less Samantha Who? (6.7 million, 2.8/7) slid another 800,000; Notes from the Underbelly (4.56 million, 2.0/5) dropped 1 million.
- K-Ville (5.13 million, 1.5/4) saw an increase of 300,000.
- Both Girlfriends (2.05 million, 0.9/2) and The Game (2.4 million, 1.2/3) improved from last week’s numbers.
Read More | Programming Insider
Posted by Veronica Santiago Categories: Action, Animation, Comedy, Drama, Games, Kids, Prime Time, Reality, Specials, ABC, Cable, CBS, FX, HBO, MTV, NBC, Showtime, The CW, America's Next Top Model, Nip/Tuck, Saturday Night Live, Survivor, The Hills
- I Want a Dog, Charlie Brown (ABC, 8pm): “Linus and Lucy’s little brother, Rerun, hangs with Snoopy and his own sibling, the desert-dwelling Spike.” Was I the only one not aware of the What’s Happening!/Peanuts crossover episode?
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS, 8pm): “Ted asks his doctor on a date and his friends try to discourage him from dating someone he sees regularly.” Relationships clearly work best when you never see them at all.
- Notes from the Underbelly (ABC, 9:30pm): “Lauren tries to convince her sister to move to LA so she can be nearby when the baby is born.” Lauren’s sister isn’t stupid. She knows what ‘be nearby’ means.
- The Hills (MTV, 10pm): Season finale. “Lauren gets an offer to go to Paris.” I really hope MTV doesn’t take their version of quality programming overseas (again). The French hate us already.
- A Charlie Brown Christmas (3.1/8 in 18-49 demo) averaged 9.3 million Peanuts fans.
- A new episode of Chuck (3.2/8) drew about 8.4 million.
- A House* repeat (2.7/7) still scored 8.3 million.
- How I Met Your Mother* (2.2/6) rounded up 6.59 million; The Big Bang Theory* (2.5/6) saw 6.77 million.
- Everybody Hates Chris (1.89 million, 0.8/2) and Aliens in America* (1.59 million, 0.7/2) were both down from last week.
- A Two and a Half Men* repeat (4.0/9 in 18-49) topped the hour with 12.32 million. Rules of Engagement (3.4/7) followed up with 10.43 million.
- The Heroes ender (11.1 million, 5.0/11) had the night’s best demos.
- Without DWTS, Samantha Who? (2.9/6) dropped 40% to 7.53 million. Notes from the Underbelly (5.5 million, 2.3/5) lost 33%.
- About 4.82 million watched a new episode of K-Ville (1.5/3).
- Girlfriends* (0.7/2) closed off the hour with 1.74 million; The Game* (0.8/2) did slightly better with 1.87 million.
Read More | Programming Insider
- Approximately 24.7 million saw the final three competitors duke it out on Dancing With The Stars (6.2/15 in 18-49 demo).
- Chuck (8.4 million, 3.3/8) virtually tied with How I Met Your Mother (8.1 million, 3.3/8).
- Everybody Hates Chris (0.9/2) scored 2.28 million; Aliens in America (1.89 million, 0.7/2) had slightly less.
- Two and a Half Men (5.0/11 in 18-49) topped the hour with 15.3 million.
- Now directly up against Men,Samantha Who? (12.6 million, 4.1/9) had to settle for 2nd.
- The Heroes saga (5.3/12) continued with 11.9 million fans.
- The season premiere of Notes from the Underbelly (8.2 million, 2.9/7) lost a good chunk of its lead-in.
- Girlfriends (1.0/2) rounded off the hour with 2.28 million; The Game (1.4/3) did slightly better with 2.8 million.
- CSI: Miami (4.6/12 in 18-49 demo) smoked the competition with 15.4 million.
- NBC’s Journeyman (6.2 million, 2.5/6) lost about 1/2 of Heroes’ numbers.
- The Monday-night premiere of October Road (6 million, 2.3/6) was barely noticed.
Posted by Veronica Santiago Categories: Animation, Award Shows, Comedy, Drama, Kids, Music, Prime Time, Reality, Sci-Fi/Horror, Specials, ABC, Bravo, CBS, NBC, The CW, America's Next Top Model, Dancing With The Stars, Desperate Housewives, My Name Is Earl, Survivor
- Dancing With the Stars (ABC, 8pm): The final three competitors dance tonight. ABC’s domination of Monday nights officially ends today.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS, 8pm): ‘Barney loses his mojo just as he gets an invite to a Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show party.’ I’m willing to overlook another Heidi Klum sighting just to see Neil Patrick Harris squirm.
- Samantha Who? (ABC, 9pm): NOTE NEW START TIME.
- Notes from the Underbelly (ABC, 9:30): Season premiere. So how exactly does this show work? Does someone always have to be pregnant?
- October Road (ABC, 10pm): After it’s Thanksgiving debut, the show now slides into its regular time slot (where I predict it will soon slide right out of).
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.