Posted by Veronica Santiago Categories: Award Shows, Comedy, Drama, Prime Time, Specials, ABC, BBC, Cable, CBS, FX, HBO, NBC, PBS, Showtime, TNT-HD, ER, Extras, Grey's Anatomy, House, Medium, My Name Is Earl, The Office, The Sopranos, Announcements
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS - FILM
- Cate Blanchett, I’m Not There **WINNER**
- Julia Roberts, Charlie Wilson’s War
- Saoirse Ronan, Atonement
- Amy Ryan, Gone Baby Gone
- Tilda Swinton, Michael Clayton
BEST ORIGINAL SONG
- “That’s How You Know,” Enchanted
- “Grace Is Gone,” Grace Is Gone
- “Guaranteed,” Into the Wild **WINNER**
- “Despedida,” Love in the Time of Cholera
- “Walk Hard,” Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story
Posted by Veronica Santiago Categories: Comedy, Drama, Prime Time, ABC, BBC, Cable, CBS, FX, HBO, NBC, PBS, Showtime, TNT-HD, Entourage, Extras, Grey's Anatomy, House, Medium, My Name Is Earl, The Office, The Sopranos
So who cares if no one will be in attendance, the Golden Globe nominations must go on! (If the ceremony continues on as planned, it will air Sunday, January 13th on NBC.)
Here are the most notable omissions/additions in this year’s list of television honorees:
- Damages and Longford led the pack with 4 nominations each.
- James Gandolfini and The Sopranos were both left out of the races (though Edie Falco did get a nod).
- Three of the nominees for best TV Comedy (Entourage, Extras, Californation) came from pay-cable networks.
- Past faves (Desperates Housewives, Heroes, Ugly Betty) were nowhere to be found. (Though America Ferrera did earn a nod for her individual achievement.)
- HBO led the networks with 18 nominations; ABC was second with 11.
(Click below for the full list of television honorees; click here for the film nominations.)
Read More | Hollywood Foreign Press Association
The winter (season?) finale of Desperate Housewives left a big cliffhanger for fans and huge ratings for ABC. The network had another successful night with the viewers and demos.
- Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (14.5 million, 4.9/11 in 18-49 demo) was just slightly down from last week.
- Sunday Night Football (4.9/11) averaged 12.6 million for the entire night.
- The Amazing Race (11.2 million, 3.4/8) was down about 1 million from last week.
- The BCS coverage on FOX (4.3/10) drew 10.8 million sports fans.
- Life is Wild (1.25 million, 0.4/1) barely factored in the equation.
- Approx. 20.6 million (7.7/17 in 18-49 demo) saw a a devastating tornado rip through Desperate Housewives’ Wisteria Lane.
- CBS’ Pictures of Hollis Woods (2.2/5) entertained 11.4 million.
- A new episode of American Dad (5.67 million, 2.8/6) was down several million from last week.
- About 12.7 million guests watched the long-awaited wedding on Brothers & Sisters (4.8/12 in 18-49 demo).
(You can review last Sunday’s ratings here.)
Read More | Hollywood Reporter
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.