Here are some of the TV on DVD options available this Tuesday.
- 1968 with Tom Brokaw
- 2008 Allstate BCS National Championship
- 2008 Fedex Orange Bowl
- 2008 Rose Bowl Game
- B.L. Stryker (Season 1)
- Dark Shadows: The Beginning No. 3 (Episodes 71-105)
- Extras: The Extra Special Series Finale
- Family Affair (Season 5)
- The Fugitive (Season 1, Vol. 2)
- Ghost Hunters (Season 3, Part 2)
- Hotel Babylon (Season 1)
- Newhart (Season 1)
- NFL Super Bowl XLII - New York Giants Championship DVD
- Punky Brewster (Season 4)
- The Smurfs (Season 1, Vol. 1)
- WWE: Royal Rumble 2008
Although there were other things on last night that didn’t involve football, it’s really pointless to mention them this time around. So let’s just focus on the nuts and bolts of the New York Giants/New England Patriots match-up:
- Super Bowl XLII averaged 97.5 million viewers overall. This put the the contest ahead of the 1996 game between the Dallas Cowboys and the Pittsburgh Steelers (94.1 million).
- In addition to being the most-watched Super Bowl, the event came in 2nd for total television viewership ever. The M.A.S.H. finale still holds the top honor even after 25 years. (A whopping 105.9 million said goodbye to that series in 1983.)
- At its peak, the game drew in nearly 107 million viewers. (They were all tuning in to see if Tom Brady would cry.)
- As a result of it’s humongous lead-in, a post-game episode of House drew 29 million viewers. That was easily its largest audience ever.
Read More | Variety
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.