It’s official: All My Children has been canceled. ABC delivered the news in a shocking double elimination, axing AMC and One Life to Live on the same day.
Kelly Ripa, who played Hayley Vaughan Santos on the series, has already released a statement. “All My Children means so much more to me than any place,” she said of the set where she and husband Mark Consuelos met. “We had our children there, it was a big part of our lives, and I think that to cancel a show that has been on television for so many years, what are you going to replace it with?”
Read More | Perez Hilton
Susan Lucci, soap opera Queen, recently appeared on Good Morning America to talk about the possibility that All My Children’s epic run may be coming to an end. You can hear her comments in the video above. News first broke on TV Squad that ABC was considering calling it quits on the long-running soap.
But, Lucci didn’t have a whole lot to offer on the rumors. “We’ll see,” she said of possible cancellation. Lucci also said the show has many “passionate” fans in its corner. But ratings for the show are dramatically down (34% from last year), and it’s in last place.
And that does not bode well for the soap, which has been on the air since 1970. Lucci has been with the show for its entire run.
Read More | Popeater
-After 27 years on All My Children, actor David Canary officially said goodbye to the soap opera today. Canary played both Adam and Stuart Chandler on the ABC series.
-Speaking of retirement, that’s what Leonard Nimoy says he’ll be enjoying very shortly. The Star Trek legend says he plans to give up acting altogether after his last Fringe appearance this season.
-The Idol Gives Back special helped raise $45 million for its efforts on Wednesday night. While still impressive, the amount was down $15 million from two years ago.
-If the world is still here in 2024, college basketball will be as well. The NCAA has signed a new 14-year deal with both CBS and Turner Broadcasting worth $10.8 billion.
-Meanwhile, CBS has not yet signed a new deal with Charlie Sheen. An insider claims if Sheen doesn’t sign a contract soon, Two and a Half Men will be officially over.
Last night, ABC revealed the names making up the roster for Dancing with the Stars 10. Today, we learned how those 11 contestants will be paired up.
Although the list is significantly shorter than Season 9’s, the producers managed to squeeze in an entirely new professional (Damian Whitewood) and a familiar face (Ashly DelGrosso).
Analyze the new teams after the jump and give us your early predictions now! DWTS kicks off its new season on March 22.
Read More | Futon Critic
On tonight’s finale of The Bachelor, Tom Bergeron - with help from former contestant Melissa Rycroft - revealed the newest competitors of Dancing with the Stars.
For the program’s tenth outing, only 11 celebrities will compete for the mirror ball trophy—that’s down from the overloaded 16-contestant season last fall. Like previous rounds, this installment will include another football player, All My Children star, Beverly Hills, 90210 alum and Olympic athlete.
Read More | TV Guide
Come next September, CBS will have a new hole to fill on its daytime calendar. That’s the month As the World Turns will come to its end.
Today’s cancellation announcement comes just three months after Guiding Light officially closed up shop. World, like Light, has been on the air for over 50 years.
“We are disappointed and saddened by the news that the show is not being renewed,” exec producer Chris Goutman said. “It will certainly be a loss for all of us, and for the show’s loyal audience.”
Read More | TV Guide
Last week, eleven couples were vying for Dancing with the Stars’ mirror ball trophy. Seven days later, we were down to only nine.
Although she had planned to take on the jive tonight, an injury forced Olympic gold medalist Misty May-Treanor to suddenly leave the competition. You can see her explain the incident - and hear the injury happen - below.
So how did the remaining dancers fare in Week 3? You can find out after the jump.
Two down, eleven to go. Last week on the Dancing with the Stars: Season 7, the celebrities were tasked with two different dances over two different days. Those performances resulted in the eliminations of both comedian Jeffrey Ross and actor Ted McGinley by Wednesday.
This week, the amateurs took on either the sultry Rumba or the aggressive Paso Doble. Did the celebrities rise to the challenge? Read on!
Last night, Dancing with the Stars: Season 7 kicked off with a jam-packed premiere.
All 13 couples - including 2 injured dancers - attempted either a Cha Cha Cha or a Foxtrot. After Round 1, actress/model Brooke Burke was sitting in the lead with a score of 23 while comedian Jeffrey Ross was resting at the bottom with an embarrassing 12. (Even Adam Carolla managed to get a 15 at this point last year.)
Tonight, 12 of the pairs were given one more chance to win voters over before Wednesday’s second elimination. Who proved they were worth saving…and who asked to be sent home? Read on!
Last night, Dancing with the Stars premiered with its largest - and most interesting - cast so far. In addition to having the series’ youngest and oldest competitors to date, the seventh installment also boasts two Olympians and several interesting rivalries. This year we have married competitors (Alec Mazo, Edyta Sliwinska), a father/son battle (Corky Ballas, Mark Ballas) and a brother/sister rivalry (Julianne Hough, Derek Hough).
For the show’s first night, all 13 couples each performed one dance. They will then follow that up with another routine on Tuesday. Come Wednesday, the program’s first two celebrities will be eliminated.
So how did the new hoofers stack up? Read on!
Read More | Dancing with the Stars
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.