(Make sure to check out TV Envy’s Programming Schedule.)
- Bank of Hollywood (E!, 8pm): “Contestants include a daredevil in a wheelchair, an aspiring soap actress and a bodybuilding grandma.” The actress’ Guiding Light severance checks eventually disqualified her from the program.
- Heroes (NBC, 9pm): “Hiro reviews his past choices and takes action to stop a catastrophe.” If he can make it as far back as Season 2, he might be able to save NBC.
- Celebrity Fit Club: Boot Camp (VH1, 9pm): “The Season 7 premiere introduces the new cast members: Sebastian Bach, Bobby Brown, Nicole Eggert, Kevin Federline, Shar Jackson, Jay McCarroll, KayCee Stroh and Tanisha Thomas.” At least one of these celebrities was brought in from Skid Row.
(You can view TV Envy’s Summer Television Programming Schedule here.)
- High School Musical: Get in the Picture (ABC, 8pm): Monday premiere. “The East Coast auditions progress to the semifinal and final rounds.” If I can be guaranteed shed tears, I just might be interested in watching this.
- Take Home Nanny (TLC, 8pm): Series premiere. “Emma helps a mom with two demanding daughters and a workaholic husband.” Emma’s other job? Manufacturing fake IDs.
- Wanna Bet? (ABC, 9pm): Series premiere. “Celebrities wager on ordinary people’s abilities to perform wild stunts. Tom Green, Sherri Shepherd, George Takei and Harland Williams are the judges in the opener.” If Tom Green had placed a bet on Drew Barrymore’s latest relationship, I’m sure he would have made a ton.
- Date My Ex: Jo & Slade (Bravo, 10pm): Series premiere. “Jo De La Rosa, of The Real Housewives of Orange County, begins her quest to find a love match by sizing up her various suitors. Helping her weed out the contestants: ex-flame Slade Smiley.” At this point, anyone not named Slade Smiley would be an upgrade.
Read More | TV Guide
Viewers didn’t seem particularly interested about last night’s Celebrity Circus finale. They did, though, care about the Top Ten contestants on SYTYCD. The dancing competition once again helped FOX win both the demos and the viewers.
- So You Think You Can Dance (8.8 million, 3.0/10 in 18-49) stepped it up a notch.
- Big Brother 10 (5.9 million, 1.8/6) did almost 2 million less than The Price is Right.
- The Baby Borrowers* (1.3/5) started off with 4.1 million.
- Wife Swap* (4 million, 1.4/5) was up slightly.
- America’s Next Top Model (1.1 million, 0.5/2) did the same as before.
Read More | Programming Insider
As if Robin needed more stress during her pregnancy.
Last week, we told you that Antonio Sabato Jr. would be visiting SOAPnet’s General Hospital: Night Shift this summer. His character, Jagger Cates, would serve as a reminder to Robin about her first love, Stone. Now another figure from Dr. Scorpio’s past will be checking into Port Charles: her father, Robert Scorpio.
When Season 2 of Night Shift premieres, GH alum Tristan Rogers will find himself admitted for “a major health issue that’ll have him grappling with his mortality.” (That ‘health issue’ must be going around; I think Luke Spencer caught it last year.) His stay at General Hospital will not only allow Robin to bond with her dad/patient, it will finally give Robert a chance to address his daughter’s HIV-positive status.
Could Tristan Rogers’ appearance also mean a possible reunion between him and Finola Hughes (Anna Devane)? Let’s hope! General Hospital: Night Shift kicks off sometime this July.
Read More | TV Guide
Since he recently jumped into the celebrities-as-talent pool, this announcement really doesn’t come as a big surprise. After 13 years away, Antonio Sabato Jr. is returning to the fictional city that made him famous: Port Charles.
Starting in July, the Celebrity Circus contender can be seen on General Hospital: Night Shift, SOAPnet’s spinoff of the ABC hit sudser. For the program’s second season, Antonio will once again play Jagger Cates, a role he originated back in the early 90’s. It was around that same time that both Sonny Corinthos and Miguel Morez (a long-haired Ricky Martin) entered the scene.
Those who can clearly remember watching GH during that time probably recall that Jagger Cates was Stone Cates’ brother. Stone Cates being, of course, Robin Scorpio’s first love. (He died after suffering from AIDS.) Jagger’s presence will surely affect an emotional Robin, who is now pregnant with Patrick Drake’s baby.
Read More | TV Guide
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.