Note to Barbara Walters: Maybe you shouldn’t reveal your fascinating list before the show actually airs? Despite drawing over 10 million last night for the annual special, ABC - along with FOX - lost out to CBS in both the viewers and the demos.
- Shrek the Halls* (2.6/8 in 18-49) had 8.5 million laughing…again.
- The New Adventures of Old Christine (7.5 million, 2.2/7) had its best audience of the season.
- The Middle (2.5/7) roped in 7.6 million.
- Gary Unmarried (2.4/7) turned in 7 million.
- Mercy (1.8/5) also registered 7 million.
- So You Think You Can Dance (2.3/7) saw 6.6 million tune in.
Read More | Variety
(Make sure to check out TV Envy’s Programming Schedule.)
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS, 8pm): “Marshall finds a letter he wrote when he was young, and it has a dramatic effect on him.” Up until then, he had completely forgotten all about Sarah Marshall.
- Cake Boss (TLC, 9pm): “The crew makes a holiday-themed cake for a drag queen.” The holiday? Cher’s birthday.
- Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (Food, 10pm): “Guy Fieri visits North Pole, Alaska, for a taste of local Christmas favorites, including holiday ham with wild Alaskan cranberries; Reindeer hoagies; and “Santa” burgers.” For this trip, Fieri will be joined by a special guest: The Grinch.
Seems Barbara Walters’ endless plugs on The View weren’t in vain. Yesterday’s exclusive interview with Patrick Swayze wound up being the night’s most-watched show. Unfortunately, CBS still managed to win the evening in both categories thanks to a stronger lineup.
- The New Adventures of Old Christine* (2.3/7 in 18-49) pulled in 8.2 million; Gary Unmarried* (2.3/6) turned in 7.4 million.
- A Bones* block (1.8/5) averaged 6.6 million.
- Knight Rider (1.6/5) drove in 5.7 million.
- Two Scrubs* repeats (1.6/4) scored 4.5 million.
- The premiere of 13: Fear is Real (1.1/3) scared up 2.4 million.
Read More | Variety
Posted by Veronica Santiago Categories: Award Shows, Comedy, Drama, Food & Home, Prime Time, Reality, Sci-Fi/Horror, Specials, Talk Shows, ABC, Cable, CBS, FX, MTV, NBC, The CW, Grey's Anatomy, Nip/Tuck, Scrubs
(You can view TV Envy’s Midseason Programming Schedule here.)
Other Premieres: Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations (Travel), Antiques Roadshow (PBS), DietTribe (Lifetime), Superstars of Dance (NBC/Monday premiere),
- The Bachelor (ABC, 8pm): Season 13 premiere. “Single dad Jason Mesnick searches for a mate among 25 young women. In a new wrinkle, the bachelorettes get to vote for a competitor they’d like to see leave, but Jason has the final say.” Maybe the kid should have the final say. After all, he’s the one who’ll eventually call her “evil stepmom.”
- Gossip Girl (CW, 8pm): “Blair tries to get accepted into a distinguished ladies club and Jenny returns to school.” Just to clarify - Blair is hoping join a ladies club, not the gentlemen’s kind.
- The Secret Life of the American Teenager (ABC Family, 8pm): Series return. “After Amy hears that she needs to find a job, she and Ben decide to get married.” Unfortunately, she later realizes that she still needs to find a job.
- True Beauty (ABC, 10pm): Series premiere. “Beginning an eight-episode elimination contest in which 10 gorgeous people face challenges to determine the most beautiful—and inner beauty counts as much as physical attractiveness—while they live together in an LA mansion.” Welcome to the future of the Miss America pageant.
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.