“You ever watch that TV series Mad Men? If I keep watching this program, will I ever find a happy person? Great television. Good drama. But a lot of really painful reminders in that show about how black people were supposed to run the elevators… were supposed to ask permission before they get on an elevator. The way women were treated is appalling, and only occasionally funny to me.”
-Former President Bill Clinton speaking to a diverse crowd in Chicago about the 1960’s-set drama.
(Make sure to check out our other notable quotes.)
Although he had already appeared on five different talk shows over the weekend, President Obama disclosed new information during his first Late Show visit as a sitting POTUS.
“First of all, I think it’s important to realize that I was actually black before the election,” the President clarified to America last night. The humorous comment - a response to the supposed presence of racism in the health care debate - was followed by shock. “Really!... How long have you been a black man?” David Letterman joked.
And while it was clear Obama had an agenda behind his appearance (he said he wanted to see the heart-shaped potato an audience member brought), the host presented his own “Top Ten Reasons President Obama Agreed To Appear On The Late Show.” You can read those after the jump.
Read More | Late Show with David Letterman
In the past weeks, campaigners on both sides of the aisle have changed their strategy and speechery to secure a bid in the upcoming Presidential election. Though many started out on this quest (twenty-plus politicians and actors threw their hats into the primary ring), only a handful now remain. In a continuing effort to keep themselves “viable,” they’re changing their stances and showing new facets of their personalities. (Hey, whatever it takes to get votes, right?) But perhaps none have attacked the idea of showing the public a new face more than Senator Hillary Clinton. And she’s playing this one to the hilt, as her upcoming appearance on the Tyra Banks Show will prove.
Read More | Entertainment Tonight
Posted by Veronica Santiago Categories: Award Shows, Comedy, Daytime, Games, Kids, Music, Prime Time, Reality, Sci-Fi/Horror, Specials, Sports, Talk Shows, ABC, Bravo, Cable, FOX, HBO, MTV, NBC, Syndication, Oprah Winfrey Show
- Justin Timberlake Concert Special (HBO, 9pm): JT brings sexy to Madison Square Garden
- Kyle XY (ABC Family, 8pm): mid-season finale
- The View (ABC, check local times): Whoopi Goldberg officially joins the looney bin today
- Oprah (syndicated, check local times): Special appearance by President Bill Clinton
- The Singing Bee (NBC, 8pm): fall premiere
- Tim Gunn’s Guide to Style (Bravo, 10pm): Project Runway‘s guru revamps fashion disasters with the help of model Veronica Webb
- Sunday Night Football (NBC, 8:30 EST): Special Thursday kickoff day (New Orleans Saints vs. Indianapolis Colts)
- Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? (FOX, 8pm): fall premiere
- Don’t Forget The Lyrics (FOX, 9pm): fall premiere
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.