New Saturday Night Live cast members Vanessa Bayer and Paul Brittain managed to get themselves noticed during last weekend’s broadcast.
In a skit featuring host-for-the-week Bryan Cranston, Bayer offered up “The Miley Cyrus Show,” which starred the teenager as an over-enthusiastic talk show host. While Bayer’s impersonation was a little over-the-top, the skit did give faithful viewers the chance to get a real taste of two of the show’s newest cast members.
Read More | Popeater
Thanks to a recent chat with singer/actor Billy Ray Cyrus, we were lucky to get the inside scoop on several upcoming projects. Is Hannah Montana really coming to an end next year? Find out what he had to tell TV Envy about Season 4 here. What does he have going on with Jackie Chan and George Lopez? Billy Ray talks about their upcoming movie, The Spy Next Door, and tells us what he brings into a fight.
Check out the scoop above and get details on Sandwich Swap ‘n’ Share, a program he is jointly involved in with both Hellmann’s and Best Foods. For every free virtual sandwich created on Facebook, 7 lunches will be donated to Feeding America, the nation’s largest domestic hunger-relief charity. Those who visit the site can also find information on how to bid on a private picnic with Billy Ray. (The prize will include attendance at one of his shows in Florida.)
(You can view TV Envy’s Summer Television Programming Schedule here.)
- The Bachelorette (ABC, 8pm): “DeAnna accuses the 9 remaining bachelors of refusing to take the competition seriously, but first she invites them to compete in a singing contest.” I don’t understand why those guys don’t see the importance of a proper serenade.
- Quads with 2 Moms (Discovery Health, 8pm): “A same-sex couple who want to become parents undergo fertility treatments and both become pregnant with twins.” I just can’t believe Oprah didn’t get a hold of this story first!
- Greek (ABC Family, 8pm): Season finale. “The Cyprus-Rhodes students head to the beach for Spring Break where Casey finally decides to leave the past behind and cut loose.” And by “decides”, we mean she finally “downs” a couple of shots and forgets the past.
- Nashville Star (NBC, 9pm): Season/network premiere. “Billy Ray Cyrus takes over the hosting from Jewel, who moves to the judges’ table alongside country stars John Rich and Jeffrey Steele.” I never thought the day would come when I would compare Jewel to Paula Abdul.
Walt Disney World’s Wide World of Sports will be the center of the known tween world this week when The Disney Channel Games kick off tomorrow in Orlando.
Hannah Montana star Miley Cyrus, the Jonas Brothers, the Cheetah Girls and the ubiquitous Sprouse brothers from The Suite Life of Zack & Cody are among Disney stars continental and international who will compete this week with winnings going to charity.
Tuesday and Thursday production will be free and open to the public, albeit in a very limited way. Disney officials told the Orlando Sentinel, “We can’t have regular kids on the field.” That is due in part to the fact that the games aren’t really a sporting event, it’s more like a series of reality TV challenges. Footage shot this week will culminate in five half-hour shows that debut in late July on the Disney Channel.
Read More | Orlando Sentinel
Tween idol and star of Disney’s juggernaut Hannah Montana says she is embarrassed by photos taken for the upcoming issue of Vanity Fair.
In a statement issued Sunday through her publicist 15-year-old Miley Cyrus said, “I never intended for any of this to happen and I apologize to my fans who I care so deeply about.”
The spread, shot by famed photographer Annie Leibovitz, included the above photo of a natural looking Cyrus seemingly naked save for a silky sheet. Cyrus’ statement said she thought the photo shoot was supposed to be artistic but after seeing the photos and reading the accompanying story featuring Miley and her father, singer Billy Ray Cyrus, she feels “embarrassed”.
Read More | Associated Press
Successful TV series? Check. White-hot recording career? Done. Box-office breaking movie? No sweat. What’s next for Miley Cyrus? How about the one aspect of entertainment she’s not yet conquered - the written word?
Here’s yet another classic example of stars who steal jobs - and thunder - from the real writers of the world. The fifteen-year-old Disney channel star plans to pen her memoirs. Go ahead, you can start laughing now.
Read More | E! Online
According to the lawsuit, fan club membership was supposed to guarantee concert tickets to the Hannah Montana tour. It didn’t, so now they’re suing. The action was started by a woman in New Jersey who has invited other jilted fans to join the cause. The suit claims fans were deceived and “lured” into buying memberships to the Miley Cyrus Fan Club, which costs $29.95 annually.
The Hannah Montana star has been selling tickets like hotcakes; many of her engagements have sold out within minutes.
Read More | AOL
Who would’ve thought that “Achy Breaky Heart” singer and mullet wearer-extraordinaire, Billy Ray Cyrus, would ever make a comeback? With the starring role on the series Doc on PAX TV, a handful of guest appearances and now, most notably, a role on Hannah Montana, Cyrus is officially back. And he’s not just riding daughter Miley Cyrus’ coattails now. He’s taking his return to fame and running with it—with a new reality series, of course. Cyrus is working with CMT to develop a reality show that shows his life as a musician and dad. The show, titled Billy Ray Cyrus: Home at Last, doesn’t seem like it will be nearly as entertaining as Being Bobby Brown, but I’m sure he’ll tap into loads of fans on Country Music Television. Plus, viewers will get a behind-the-scenes look at daddy getting ready to tour and Miley/Hannah getting set to tour. The show will debut on November 24th at 9:30 p.m.
Read More | Entertainment Weekly
- The View (ABC, syndicated): Meredith Viera returns to her old-stomping grounds as a guest. I’m sure she prefers it that way.
- Total Request Live (MTV, 3:30pm): Watch the ‘official’ debut of Britney’s new video, or just watch it now.
- Big Bang Theory (CBS, 8:30pm): The reunion of Johnny Galecki and Sara Gilbert happens tonight.
- I Love New York 2 (VH1, 9pm): Season premiere. I’m sorry—what exactly do the winners ‘win’ on this show again?
Hannah Montana co-stars, Billy Ray and Miley Cyrus, will be hitting the DWTS stage next week. This will be a return trip for Billy Ray Cyrus who recently appeared as a Dancing With The Stars competitor last season. Miley, who’ll soon be embarking on a sold-out concert tour, and her dad will be premiering their new duet, ‘Ready, Set, Don’t Go’.
The single will hit the radio airwaves immediately following their performance next Tuesday.
Read More | TV Guide
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.