Posted by Veronica Santiago Categories: Animation, Comedy, Drama, Prime Time, Reality, Sports, ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, The CW, Amazing Race, The, America's Next Top Model, Desperate Housewives, Family Guy, Ratings
Despite being down approximately 5% since last year, the retooled Desperate Housewives was easily last night’s best draw. Unfortunately, the show couldn’t fight off the Bears and Eagles alone. NBC - with the help of Sunday Night Football - was once again tops in both categories last night.
- Approximately 15.4 million (6.3/15 in 18-49) saw the Chicago Bears beat the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday Night Football.
- Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (3.7/9) had 11.9 million feeling emotional.
- The Amazing Race (3.1/8) took 10.3 million along on the first leg of its race.
- The Simpsons (9.3 million, 4.4/12) was down 6% from last year; King of the Hill (7 million, 3.3/8) fell 13%.
- Privileged* (1.2 million, 0.6/1) did about the same.
Read More | The Hollywood Reporter
The return of Sunday Night Football wasn’t only a win for the Chicago Bears, it was a victory for NBC. The Peacock network ran past the competition with both the viewers and the demos.
- Approximately 16.7 million watched the Bears defeat the Indianapolis Colts (6.4/16 in 18-49) on NBC.
- Big Brother 10 (7.6 million, 2.7/7) added on 1.8 million.
- Hole in the Wall (3.5/9) premiered to 7 million.
- Extreme Makeover: Home Edition* (5.9 million, 1.6/4) nailed down another 1.3 million.
- The Simpsons* (5.3 million, 2.4/6) piled on another 2 million.
- A repeat of America’s Next Top Model* (0.7/2) averaged 1.8 million.
Read More | Variety
The gridiron matchup on NBC was an exciting game for the viewers and a ratings win for the network.
- The Bears/Packers battle on Sunday Night Football game drew 18.4 million viewers and a 7.7 rating/19 share in the 18-49 group.
- With 11.7 million viewers, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition was 2nd in the hour (4.1/10 in 18-49).
- The Simpsons rounded up 7.7 million (3.6/10 in demo).
- The CW’s debut of Life is Wild attracted a mere 1.6 million (0.4/1 in demo).
- Desperate Housewives (17.4 million viewers, 6.6/16 in 18-49) was the best non-sports event of the evening.
- Cold Case (12.8 million, 2.9/7) lost 700,000 viewer from last week.
- Family Guy (8.4 million, 4.0/9 in 18-49) bested CBS in the key demo.
- Brothers & Sisters (12.2 million, 4.5/12 in 18-49) placed second behind football.
- Shark came in third with 11.2 million viewers (2.5/6 in demo), down 230,000 from last week.
Read More | Variety
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.