CW has followed up ABC’s lead and released its list of 2008-09 renewals. At this point, there are several shows still sitting on top of the fall programming bubble.
Those making a return next year:
- America’s Next Top Model
- Everybody Hates Chris
- Gossip Girl
- One Tree Hill
Read More | Variety
Last night’s Grammys telecast failed to strike a chord with viewers. (Only two other broadcasts in Grammy history have achieved lower numbers.) Regardless, the awards show still gave CBS a decisive win in the viewers and demos.
- About 13 million watched the Obama/Clinton interviews on 60 Minutes (2.5/7 in 18-49).
- America’s Funniest Home Videos (3.0/8) tickled 9.6 million.
- The last hour of the Pro Bowl game (3.2/9) scored 8.9 million.
- American Gladiators* (1.4/4) averaged 3.6 million over two hours.
- CW Now (700,000, 0.3/1) made an effort.
Read More | Hollywood Reporter
The NFC title game between the New York Giants and the Green Bay Packers scored championship-sized numbers for FOX.
- The Giants/Packers game (18.6/40 in 18-49) averaged 48.6 million viewers between 7-10 PM Eastern.
- About 7.7 million warmed up to CBS’ Global Warming special (1.8/4).
- America’s Funniest Home Videos* (1.6/4) humored 6 million.
- Dateline (1.2/3) kicked off NBC’s evening with 4.6 million.
- Both CW Now (521,000, 0.2/0) and Aliens in America* (462,000, 0.1/0) turned in laughable performances.
- Approximately 9.7 million saw TK and Rachel win The Amazing Race (3.1/7 in 18-49).
- The first hour of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (3.3/7) drew 9.3 million.
- A 2nd hour of Dateline (1.3/3) signed off with 5.2 million.
- Life is Wild (800,000, 0.2/0) was a complete snore.
Read More | Programming Insider
Despite a great turnout from ABC’s lineup, a heavily-watched Cowboys/Patriots game kicked off a winning night for CBS.
- The late-running football game scored 26.4 million viewers (9.3 rating/27 share in 18-49) for CBS in the 7pm hour.
- America’s Funniest Home Videos (7.7 million, 2.1/6) didn’t really stand a chance.
- CW Now and Online Nation were mere blips on the screen.
- 60 Minutes (17.4 million, 4.2/11 in 18-49) benefitted from it’s strong sports lead-in.
- Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (12.2 million, 4.3/11) slightly beat the news program in the demos.
- Between 8-11pm EST, NBC’s Sunday Night Football (9.2 million, 3.9/10) had a dramatic drop from last week.
- CW’s Life is Wild (1 million, 0.3/1) barely factored in the equation losing another 600,000 viewers.
- Desperate Housewives (18.5 million, 7.3/17 in 18-49) won the hour in both numbers and demos.
- Cold Case (3.5/8 in demo) came in second with 14.7 million viewers.
- A repeat of Family Guy (7.1 million, 3.5/8) rounded off the hour.
- Up 500,000 viewers, Brothers & Sisters (4.8/13 in 18-49) took a victory in in both key categories.
- Shark (12 million, 2.9/7) was also up this week.
- Prison Break (FOX, 8pm): Season premiere. What will happen to Dr. Sara Tancredi?
- Deal or No Deal (NBC, 8pm): Special Monday-night premiere (will regularly air on Weds/Fridays).
- K-Ville (FOX, 9pm): Series premiere
- Saving Grace (TNT, 10pm): Season finale
- Weeds (Showtime, 10pm): Mary-Kate Olsen will begin a ten-episode arc tonight.
Posted by Veronica Santiago Categories: Action, Comedy, Drama, Games, Prime Time, Reality, Sci-Fi/Horror, Sports, ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, The CW, Hell's Kitchen, America's Next Top Model, Dancing With The Stars, Desperate Housewives, ER, Everybody Hates Chris, Family Guy, Grey's Anatomy, Heroes, House, My Name Is Earl, Prison Break, Scrubs, Saturday Night Live, Survivor, The Bachelor, The Office, DVR
Despite having a Tivo and another DVR, I know that a new television season can take some serious planning. When will your favorite shows start? What days are they now on? Which programming ‘conflicts’ will you have to resolve? Will you need to buy another TV???
Hopefully our detailed scheduling guide can assist you in the weeks to come. We have compiled information from five different networks (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX and CW) and included the days, times and premiere dates for this fall’s shows.
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.