Leonardo DiCaprio was almost cast in Baywatch.
The Great Gatsby star was in line to play the role of Hobie - son of central character Mitch Buchannon - in the hugely popular 90s Californian lifeguard series, but show star and producer David Hasselhoff thinks it was better for his career not to have won the part.
"Yeah, it was true! You know what, it was the best thing to happen to Leonardo DiCaprio. I saw Leonardo and I said, 'You know what, that was the best thing that ever happened to you! You would have never gotten Titanic and have been this big star,'" said David, who played Mitch and co-produced the show.
Joking about the actor who did get the role he added, "'You'd be like Jeremy Jackson and David Hasselhoff, looking for work.' Ha!"
Here’s an update on the shows you will and won’t be seeing in the months to come:
- The Closer (TNT) – Will end after Season 7
- The Hasselhoffs (A&E) – Remaining eps could air at later time
- Stargate Universe (Syfy)
- Terriers (FX)
Read More | Deadline
-Former Dollhouse star Eliza Dushku has already backed out of a pilot for TNT. "Hey guys! News to report~ We have mutually & AMICABLY decided to part ways on Bird Dog due to creative differences. No worries/fears/tears," she wrote on Twitter.
-Portia DeGeneres has officially turned down an opportunity to be on Dancing with the Stars. The actress was reportedly asked to compete with a same-sex partner.
-The season finale of Walking Dead killed in the ratings on Sunday night. The episode -- which attracted 6 million viewers -- had the highest numbers ever for a basic cable series in the 18-49 demo.
-The weekend wasn't so bright for David Hasselhoff. A&E's The Hasselhoffs debuted to 718,000 viewers. In comparison the network's other new program, Storage Wars, recently opened to 2 million viewers.
(Make sure to check out TV Envy's Programming Schedule.)
- 90210 (CW, 8 P.M.): "Dixon and Annie sign Debbie up for online dating, but she ends up with Ryan during a date." The dating pool in their zip code is surprisingly small.
- Giuliana & Bill (Style, 10 P.M.): "Giuliana encourages her niece to be a model and the encounter rekindle's Giuliana's desire to become a mom." She never quite understood the whole 'Stage Mom' thing until now.
- Hoarders (A&E, 10 P.M.): "A husband sleeps in his car because his wife's hoarding is so bad that he has no room in the house." The first husband in is the first husband squeezed out.
It appears Edyta Sliwinska wasn’t bluffing when she said she was done with Dancing with the Stars.
We’ve finally learned which professionals the newcomers will be paired with in Season 11—and neither Edyta or husband Alec Mazo - are on that list.
Find out the twelve newest couples after the jump.
Read More | ABC News
It’s time for the speculation to end and for the snap judgments to begin.
Did ABC stick with the rumored list of celebrities for Dancing with the Stars—or did the network manage to pull a fast one (or two) on the media?
Find out which 12 stars will be vying for the mirror ball trophy on Season 11 after the jump.
UPDATE: Find out the latest list of possible contenders here.
We are now less than a week away before the next Dancing with the Stars cast is announced—but do we have any idea who’s currently in the running?
According to the latest rumors (and supposed confirmations), the Season 11 roster may consist (once again) of reality stars, Bachelor vets, musicians and athletes. It may even involve a recent jail inmate. Although some names have been repeated more than once, ABC has been known to change things up at the very last minute.
Find out the latest list of possibles after the jump.
Read More | TV by the Numbers
- The Secret Life of the American Teenager (ABC Family, 8 p.m.): “Amy’s friends and family forget about her birthday.” Everyone’s so wrapped up with her sister’s wedding to the oily beau-hunk.
- Miss Universe Pageant (NBC, 9 p.m.): “Global beauties compete in swimsuit, evening gown and interview categories at the 59th annual gala, hosted by Bret Michaels and Natalie Morales.” It’s like Bret almost died and went to heaven.
- Rizzoli & Isles (TNT, 10 p.m.): “A shooter aims for runners participating in the Boston Marathon.” Boston Marathon, biathlon—same diff!
David Hasselhoff won’t be formally roasted by Comedy Central until later this summer, but there’s no reason we can’t get a laugh at his cheesiness now.
Beginning June 15, the Hoff will reprise the role of Dr. William “Snapper” Foster, Jr. on The Young and the Restless. David, who left the daytime drama in 1982, will be back in Genoa City for only a short period. Snapper’s visit will reunite him with his siblings and ill mother.
You can see Hasselhoff talking about his return after the jump.
Read More | Live Feed
Here’s a quick look at some of the casting announcements made recently:
The Young and the Restless: Is CBS prepared for a visit from The Hoff? Later this June, David Hasselhoff will make a return to the show that helped launch his career. David will reprise the role of Dr. William “Snapper” Foster, Jr., his character on the soap from 1975 to 1982. “Being asked to come back to appear in several episodes gives me a chance to say thanks,” Hasselhoff said. “I just hope I can remember all those lines.”
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.