As 2010 comes to a close, we figured it'd be interesting to relive the biggest stories of the year here on TV Envy. We've gone through our logs and have compiled the top ten most popular posts for the year. What was number one? Bachelor Jake Pavleka guaranteeing that he will become a member of the Mile-High Club. Other notable inclusions are the South Park Coon mystery, the turmoil of American Idol season 9, and the death of Phil Harris. Click on through for the full list, and have a fantastic new year!
Here are some of the TV on DVD options available this week:
- Beverly Hills, 90210 (Final Season)
- Deadliest Catch (Season 6)
- Doctor Who: Revenge of the Cybermen (Story 79)
- Doctor Who: Silver Nemesis (Story 154)
- The Facts of Life (Season 5)
- The Fugitive (Season 4)
- The Larry Sanders Show (Complete Series)
- Mad About You (Season 5)
- My Life on the D-List (Season 2)
- Nip/Tuck (Complete Series)
- The Pacific (HBO Miniseries)
- V (Season 1)
Read More | Amazon
-After threatening to leave the program, Capts. Sig Hansen and Johnathan and Andy Hillstrand have agreed to return to Deadliest Catch. Filming on Season 7 of the Discovery Channel series will begin this week.
-A number of comediennes will return to NBC for a two-hour special airing November 1. Familiar faces on The Women of SNL will include Laraine Newman, Nora Dunn, Cheri Oteri, Julia Louis-Dreyfus and, of course, Tina Fey.
-Starz has decided to renew Spartacus with a new actor in the lead role. Andy Whitfield had hoped to continue with the series, but was forced to drop out after his non-Hodgkin lymphoma returned.
-An HIV-positive muppet will be included in the Nigerian version of Sesame Street. The female character named Kami will help the show address important regional issues including AIDS, malaria and gender inequality.
UPDATE: All three captains have agreed to return to the show.
There could be more than bad weather ahead for one of the most popular programs on the Discovery Channel.
Three of the cast members from the Deadliest Catch—Capts. Johnathan and Andy Hillstrand of the Time Bandit and Capt. Sig Hansen of the Northwestern—have released a joint statement announcing their departure from the series.
“We have been through a lot over the past year and unfortunately given the current situation with Discovery we are unable to continue participating in Deadliest Catch. It has been a fantastic ride, and we wish the best to all of the amazing and supportive Catch fans we have met over the years,” the trio stated.
Read More | The Hollywood Reporter
Here’s an update on the shows you will and won’t be seeing in the months to come:
- Jersey Shore (MTV) - Reunion and behind-the-scenes specials added to Season 2.
- Deadliest Catch (Discovery) - Season 7
- The Green Room with Paul Provenza (Showtime) - Season 2
- Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution (ABC) - Season 2
- Masterchef (FOX) - Season 2
Read More | Discovery
- The Bachelorette (ABC, 8pm): “Ali takes one to a bathhouse, another to a bazaar and four others to a historic fort, where they slather themselves in olive oil and wrestle with each other to earn one-on-one time with her.” The one who enjoys it the least is the one who will win the date.
- All Worked Up (truTV, 10pm): “A showgirl uses her dance training in vain to avoid getting towed.” Elizabeth Berkley is proof showgirl experience won’t get you far.
- Obsessed (A&E, 10pm): Season premiere. “A woman’s need to exercise constantly leaves her little time to spend with her family.” She makes sure to wave at their avatars when she runs past them on Wii Fit.
-Expect Jake Pavelka and Vienna Girardi to talk about their recent split on the July 5 episode of The Bachelorette. According to reports, many people thought an angry Jake would strike his ex at one point.
-According to a source, Lindsay Lohan really wasn’t eight hours late to a photo shoot like Bravo’s Double Exposure claimed. She was actually ten hours late.
-A prostitution scandal won’t keep Eliot Spitzer down. New York’s former governor has just been given a new co-hosting gig on CNN. The program will start this fall.
-Want to see gay couple Cam & Mitchell finally kiss on Modern Family? Join the 13,500+ fans on Facebook and maybe you’ll get your wish next season.
-Tuesday’s Deadliest Catch episode earned the program its largest audience to date. The hour was the first of several to address Captain Phil Harris’ health.
-The death of Deadliest Catch‘s Phil Harris will be addressed in several specials beginning June 22. Discovery Channel will air interviews with the captain’s colleagues and family on July 20.
-Syfy, already the future home for a cooking show, is getting into the junk business. The network has ordered Hunting Hollywood, a series about Hollywood memorabilia.
-What do Neil Patrick Harris, Tina Fey and The Muppets have in common? They’ll all get stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame next year. Other TV celebrities include Oprah and Danny DeVito.
-E! is letting one of its stars do more than just look pretty for the channel. The Spin Crowd, about a reality series about a PR agency, will have Kim Kardashian as a producer.
-Bosom Buddies Tom Hanks and Peter Scolari will be reuniting once again on television. The former costars will appear on the upcoming TV Land Awards when their comedy is honored. Donna Dixon, Thelma Hopkins and Holland Taylor will also be present. The ceremony will air on April 25.
-Memories of Captain Phil Harris helped garner big numbers for the return of the Deadliest Catch. The show’s Season 6 premiere drew in the program’s biggest audience ever (4.6 million viewers).
-Rickey Minor, American Idol‘s current musical director, will take over where Kevin Eubanks leaves off. Jay Leno’s music man of 18 years officially announced that he will leave The Tonight Show on May 28. Minor will begin his stint on June 7.
-Rielle Edwards, the mother of John Edwards’ love child, has booked her first television interview. Although she’s had conversations with Barbara Walters, the woman with the crazy hair will be sitting down with Oprah Winfrey. An air date has not yet been announced.
Here are some of the TV on DVD options available this Tuesday:
- The Abbott and Costello Show (Complete Series)
- Ben 10: Alien Force (Volume 6)
- Deadliest Catch (Season 5)
- iCarly: iFight Shelby Marx (TV Movie)
- The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty (Season 1)
- Judge John Deed (Season 1)
- Lord Peter Wimsey Collection (Set 1)
- MysteryQuest (Season 1)
- Nostradamus Effect (Season 1)
- Ouran High School Host Club (Complete Series)
- The Real Housewives of New Jersey (Season 1)
- Rhoda (Season 2)
Read More | Amazon
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.