Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, Pink and Diddy are being lined up for the new season of American Idol.
Producers on the show are reportedly desperate to sign up the quartet to replace current judges Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj, Randy Jackson and Keith Urban after ratings fell dramatically this year.
"It's been a lackluster season for Idol and everyone involved with the show is well aware of it so that's why producers are franticly working on lining up big name stars for season 14. There's more drama going on behind the scenes of the show than on the stage, and that's why there's a major overhaul in the works. A telling sign was that the highlight of the season was Mariah and Nicki's explosive feud that was leaked on the web - and that was before the season even aired. Producers have been trying to recreate that buzz ever since and it hasn't worked - the public isn't buying it. The judges don't have real chemistry, and there's no real standout contestant," a source said.
The source additionally explained the choice in choosing the rumored new judges:
American Idol gave itself a big opening for the Wednesday results show to get the crowd good and hyped for the intense hour that would follow. Approximately 30 million votes were recorded for the Top 13 singers… but, it may mean nothing. The judges’ save, offered in recent seasons, is active once again. At any time, the panel may save one eliminated contestant and keep them in the contest.
On the fashion front, Steven Tyler wore a long trench coat, J-Lo an asymmetrical blouse that was literally frightening and Ryan Seacredst his standard black suit.
Casey Abrams was not present for the live show; he has been hospitalized once again. Again, Abrams was rushed in for treatment after he complained of severe stomach pains. We’ll keep you updated on his story through VIP Breakdown.
Will it be Chris Isaak or Harry Connick Jr. on American Idol next season? Could it be Isaak and Connick? Or how about this: Isaak, Connick and Jessica Simpson?
These all could be very real scenarios as rumors about a total show makeover grow.
Prior to this week, Idol chatter had primarily been focused on Simon Cowell’s replacement. Then former executive producer Nigel Lythgoe came back into the picture. Then Ellen DeGeneres announced her departure.
Read More | Ellen
Sean Diddy Combs wants to be the newest judge on American Idol - so much so that he’s offered to take a pay cut.
Combs has stated that he’ll work for less than what the show formerly paid Simon Cowell, who will no longer be a judge on the popular reality series.
“As a matter of fact I have a new negotiation,” Sean Combs told British TV station GMTV. “I would take a five percent cut on what [Simon Cowell] was getting. He was on something like $34 million, and that’s peanuts.”
But we bet it pays better than VH1, right Diddy?
Read More | Canoe - Jam!
American Idol’s Top 10 results show opened with a Clash of the Titans movie tie-in. Simon Cowell, of course, was the villain, with the contestants portrayed as Titans in the opening video package. It was pretty cute, but it’s still blatant cross-promotional advertising.
Viewers were not graced with a group performance this week. To see the entire Top 10 singing together on one stage, it seems you’ll have to go to one of the summer tour shows. Though the Idols did not sing together, this particular results show was still jam-packed with stage shows, starting with one favorite AI alum.
George Clooney may have organized the first major Haiti fundraiser, but it wasn’t the last one.
Later this week, Queen Latifah - with help from Sean Combs and Pharrell - will host another star-studded benefit event. The telethon, which is being presented by BET, will air across multiple channels including MTV, VH1 and Centric.
Wyclef, Ne-Yo, Justin Bieber, Chris Brown, Akon, Ludacris, Mary J. Blige, Robin Thicke and India.Arie will be among the participants.
SOS Saving OurSelves - Help for Haiti will air from Miami at 8:00 on Friday night.
Read More | Futon Critic
Posted by Veronica Santiago Categories:
(Make sure to check out TV Envy’s Programming Schedule.)
- Jon & Kate Plus Eight (TLC, 9pm): “Kate and the boys experience the cowboy lifestyle during a trip to a dude ranch, while Jon and the girls have a scavenger hunt at home.” Despite hours of searching, the girls still couldn’t find Daddy’s shame.
- Real Chance of Love 2: Back in the Saddle (VH1, 9pm): “The ladies vent their frustration in a wrestling match in which the winners receive dates with the guys.” The losers will then be asked to wrestle again...for the guys.
- Making His Band (MTV, 10pm): “The hopefuls are caught off guard when Diddy pays them a surprise visit.” The nervous contestants weren’t sure whether to address him as Diddy, P. Diddy, Puffy or Sean.
(Make sure to check out TV Envy’s Programming Schedule.)
- The Secret Life of the American Teenager (ABC Family, 8pm): “Amy is jealous when she realizes Ben is going on a summer road trip, while she has to continue working and going to school.” I think her previous summer was eventful enough.
- The Bachelorette (ABC, 8pm): Season finale. “Jillian’s choice is down to Ed or Kiptyn in the season finale, taped or Hawaii’s Big Island, where she has outdoor dates with the two, who are also grilled by her family.” Let’s be real: A name like Kiptyn should never be paired with a name like Jillian.
- Making His Band (MTV, 10pm): Series premiere. “Diddy begins his search for talented singers and musicians to back him up on an upcoming tour.” Behind every weak singer is a strong support system.
- Dating in the Dark (ABC, 10pm): “The singles look in their dates’ luggage before spending time with them in the darkroom.” It would be nice to know if anyone was packing heat before the lights went off.
During last season’s finale of Making with the Band 4, Diddy surprised everyone following Danity Kane by making two shocking decisions. (Okay - we could have probably seen the first one coming.) Even before layoffs had become the norm, the girl group’s producer axed Aubrey O’Day and D. Woods after a very uncomfortable meeting. (You can relive that moment after the jump.)
Read More | MTV
Here’s a quick look at some of the casting announcements made recently:
CSI: Miami: No matter what you think of Diddy, you can’t deny the mans’ diversity. Who else could front several reality shows, star in A Raisin in the Sun and take on David Caruso? According to Entertainment Tonight, the mogul is scheduled to air in two episodes of the CBS drama next year. He will play a federal prosecutor (yeah, I know) who has a personal and professional beef with Horatio’s team.
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.