Mel B says the new America's Got Talent judging panel is a "discombobulated" but "feisty" group.
The Spice Girls singer is to judge on the new season of the hit talent competition along with supermodel Heidi Klum and says the panel - which includes radio personality Howard Stern and comedian Howie Mandel - all have unique quirks that makes for an interesting dynamic on set.
"They're really nice actually. We all get on. We're a bit of a feisty panel. We all hang out afterwards; so far so good. [Howard] is completely inappropriate and out of everybody on the panel, I get along with him the most! Howard is a bit grumpy sometimes. Heidi Klum is very sweet; we're really good friends. Howie Mandel is a germaphobe - he rides around in his private jet, and then me and Heidi get to ride around in his private jet, too, but you still can't touch his hands! So between the four of us, it's a completely discombobulated group that somehow get on."
Mel B is replacing Sharon Osbourne on America's Got Talent.
The 37-year-old former Spice Girl - who previously worked on Australian X Factor - has reportedly signed a deal to join the judging panel for the NBC ahead of the start of its auditions in Los Angeles next month, after winning over the show's boss Simon Cowell.
"Simon loves trying people out on his shows, Mel's already been a judge on X Factor Australia and it's too far for her to keep taking the kids. She did want to do X Factor UK, but Simon really wanted her to do America's Got Talent. She's outspoken and never afraid to speak her mind, she makes for good TV. NBC execs will be watching through their eyes - let's hope they won't be using the delay button on live TV," a source said.
The mother-of-three is expected to join Howard Stern and Howie Mandel on the live TV show.
Melanie Brown is set to appear on Dancing with the Stars: All Stars.
The former Spice Girl has been asked by bosses of the ABC show to come back to the ballroom and compete against other celebrity dancers for the mirror-ball trophy. Mel and her professional partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy came second on the fifth season of the program in 2007.
"Mel absolutely wants to come back and take another crack at winning the coveted mirror-ball trophy. Mel and Maksim had great chemistry together and they definitely push each other's buttons, which only makes their dances more intense and fiery. Maksim has never won the trophy before, it's a constant thorn in his side, and he knows his best chance of winning is going to be with Mel," a source told RadarOnline.com.
(Make sure to check out TV Envy’s Programming Schedule.)
Season premieres: 90210, Gossip Girl, The Nate Berkus Show, Oprah
- 90210 (CW, 8 p.m.): Season premiere. “A deadly earthquake strikes Beverly Hills.” This explains what happened to the Peach Pit.
- Little People, Big World (TLC, 8:30 p.m.): “Matt and Zach embark on a father-son road trip in an attempt to mend their broken relationship.” A reconciliation is as likely as the show being renewed.
- Hoarders (A&E, 9 p.m.): “A woman’s home is caving in from the weight of garbage piled up to the ceiling.” The good news? The cave-in created additional storage space underneath the house.
- Kate Plus 8 (TLC, 9 p.m.): “Kate and the kids board a train and travel to New York City for a day of sightseeing.” See Mommy on TV. See Mommy get her extensions fixed.
- Lie to Me (FOX, 9 p.m.): “A young woman’s disappearance leads to an investigation of crime in the pornography industry.” Heidi Montag’s been on the run ever since she stole her sex tape back from Vivid.
- Dating in the Dark (ABC, 10 p.m.): “The contestants don swimwear and frolic on a makeshift beach in the darkroom.” Note to self: Bathing suit can now be worn in dark rooms.
Jake Pavelka’s choice between Tenley and Vienna won’t be the only announcement coming this Monday night.
During the three-hour Bachelor finale, two other big reveals will be made: the name of the new Bachelorette and the celebrities participating in Round 10 of Dancing with the Stars.
Although Baywatch star Pamela Anderson has reportedly been confirmed for the ballroom competition, not much else has is known about the amateur roster. Names like figure skater Evan Lysacek, Olympic diver Greg Louganis and Kate Gosselin have been tossed around in the media though.
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.