Did everyone just assume Adam Lambert was going to win? Over 100 million votes were cast for the Idol finale, but less than a third of that figure bothered to watch. Last night’s two-hour extravaganza tied the smallest audience numbers for an ender since Season 1. Meanwhile, the program had the lowest 18-49 performance for a closer…ever.
- American Idol 8 (28.8 million, 10/28 in 18-49) was down approximately 3 million from American Idol 7.
- The New Adventures of Old Christine (5.7 million, 1.6/5) fell by 800,000; Gary Unmarried (1.7/5) wrapped up with 5.6 million.
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent (5 million, 1.1/3) slid by 500,000.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest (1.2/3) pulled in 3.4 million for ABC.
- CW’s airing of Take the Lead (0.4/1) scored 1.3 million.
Read More | TV by the Numbers
Welcome to our live coverage of the 79th Annual Academy Awards! During our live-blog of the 2006 Oscars, I made what may now be considered an eerie prediction about Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe:
“For some reason, I keep getting this nagging feeling that their relationship will dissolve sometime soon, but that discussion is for another post.”
I’d like to say that I’m psychic (if so, that Oscars pool at work is all mine)...but I’m going to have to chalk it up to nagging intuition. What is that little voice inside me saying this year? While some races may have been locked up months ago (I’m talking to you, Helen Mirren), there will be a shocker this year. I can’t pinpoint the category, but I think it will be come riding in on a big yellow bus…
To find out who will be going hog-wild tonight during the Year of the Pig, stay tuned here for the live results!
Read More | Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.