Renee Zellweger is being lined-up to appear on Dancing with the Stars.
Bosses for the reality show are keen to pull out all of the stops for the next season by choosing celebrity contestants who have all won Oscars, and they believe securing Renee - who took home the Best Supporting Actress Academy Award for her role in Cold Mountain in 2003 - will encourage other stars to sign up.
"Renee is being seen as the lynchpin contestant that would seal the deal for the theme season. The producers are fixated on Renee, in part because she hasn't done much dancing at all since Chicago more than 10 years ago and there's this real mystery about her and what she's up to. They keep raising the amount of money they are willing to give her in the hope that she'll say yes, and the theory is that if they can get her to sign on, then it would attract some other really prominent Oscar winning stars - who wouldn't normally do reality TV - to fall in step," a source said.
Ratings for the ABC program have decreased in recent seasons after producers only wanted celebrities with little dancing experience to take part, but they believe a talent like Renee's could boost viewings. "Now that the rule that stars had to be total dance novices has been broken, it opens the door wide for someone like Renee, who hoofed it in Chicago, to strut her stuff. The DWTS masterminds think the idea of having a theme of Oscar winners would be a sure ratings-grabber," the source explained.
Emma Thompson would have "loved" to have become the first female time lord in Doctor Who.
The Oscar-winning actress denied speculation that she was offered the role given to The Thick of It actor Peter Capaldi, but said she would have jumped at the chance to join the BBC series.
"I would have said 'yes,' I'd have loved to have played Doctor Who. Maybe women need their own kind of new time traveling person?" she said, appearing alongside former Doctors Matt Smith and David Tennant on The Graham Norton Show.
On the upcoming 50th anniversary episode "The Day of the Doctor," the tenth Doctor David and eleventh Matt remain tight-lipped about the show's plot and only revealed Peter will "join at Christmas."
Harry Styles has been banned from appearing on Keeping up with the Kardashians.
The One Direction hunk reportedly struck up a romance with Kendall Jenner earlier this week, but there won't be any reference to the new couple on the reality TV show as Harry's management have forbidden E! network from mentioning him in future episodes.
"Whatever happens, if the relationship develops or not, E! have been told that Harry is not to be mentioned on the program," a source told The Sun.
The singer - who split with Taylor Swift in January before being linked to model Cara Delevingne - took Kendall, the half-sister of Kim Kardashian, to Craig's restaurant in West Hollywood on Wednesday night, before driving her home in his swanky Range Rover.
However, the pair are keen to keep their blossoming romance under wraps as they don't want to go the same way as Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries, who split two months after filming their wedding for the popular series. "Harry wants to keep things as private as possible and isn't going to become part of the reality series like others in the past who have been linked to the Kardashian-Jenner clan," the source added.
Dianna Agron is finding it "hard" to be away from the Glee cast.
The 27-year-old actress is upset at claims there was a rift between herself and the other stars of the show after she failed to appear in last month's special Cory Monteith tribute episode, and admits it has made dealing with the death of her co-star even more difficult.
Dianna - who played Quinn Fabray on the show - told Ireland's Independent newspaper, "Bad news spreads faster than anything good. And I think it's just such a shame, especially involving someone that we love so much, that the good old internet has taken everything that they want to say about it and spread it like wildfire. So I've nothing but love for that show and everybody involved in it and it was such a huge part of my life, so I think it's equally hard when I'm not there every day anymore, I don't see all of them every day anymore to have things like this fly around. It's more heartbreaking than it would be if I was there with everybody. It makes me feel even farther away from our show."
Alec Baldwin's talk show has been pulled off air for two weeks.
The late night American program Up Late has been removed from the Friday night slot by MSNBC after claims the former 30 Rock actor made a homophobic slur against a photographer.
"I did not intend to hurt or offend anyone with my choice of words, but clearly I have - and for that I am deeply sorry. Words are important. I understand that, and will choose mine with great care going forward. What I said and did this week, as I was trying to protect my family, was offensive and unacceptable. Behavior like this undermines hard-fought rights that I vigorously support," the 55 year-old star said in a statement.
The star reportedly called the paparazzi photographer a ''f**'' hours after winning a court case against his stalker, but he said he didn't use the homophobic word and instead called the man a "fat head." In a blog post on Huffington Post, the actor said the future of his talk show was unclear. "Whether the show comes back at all is an issue right now," he wrote.
Miley Cyrus is making X Factor bosses nervous ahead of her performance on the show tomorrow.
The "Wrecking Ball" singer has reportedly been told to tone down her act for the family-friendly show after her controversial twerking at the MTV Video Music Awards with hitmaker Robin Thicke. "Miley seems to be on a mission to be as controversial as possible so everyone's a bit nervous. She's been told to tone it down for The X Factor. That said, we're not stupid," a source said.
Although big bosses don't want the performance to result in complaints, head judge Gary thinks 20-year-old should include her controversial rump-shaking move "It's music - she's a young girl. If that's the way she wants to express herself, fair enough. It's a tricky one because I remember Madonna when she brought her Sex book out and everyone was going crazy. That seemed more shocking. But, you know, there's an off button. I always say, if you don't want to watch it, turn it off," he said earlier in the week. "These singers are young, sexy girls - of course they are going to express themselves like that. But I don't let my kids watch it. I probably wouldn't let them watch anything like that, it's too sexual for them," he added.
Lea Michele will reportedly star in her own Glee spin-off.
The hit show's creator Ryan Murphy is planning to launch a new show which will center on the actress' character, Rachel Berry, and feature some of the other stars from the musical comedy in supporting roles.
The news comes just weeks after it was confirmed Glee will end in 2015 after its sixth series. "This will be announced soon. They're making the deals now and it also presents a viable exit plan for the main Glee series itself - in that some of its core cast would also migrate to the Lea Michele project as Glee is showing signs of aging," a source said.
Glee was rocked by the death of Lea's boyfriend Cory Monteith, who played her on-screen beau Finn Hudson, in July. The actor - who had a long history of battling drug abuse - succumbed to a deadly combination of heroin and alcohol in a hotel room in Montreal, Canada.
Victoria Beckham wants to guest star on Girls.
The 39-year-old star reportedly told the show's creator Lena Dunham how much she loves the latest series of the comedy drama series and that she'd love to make an appearance. Lena, 27, is open to the idea of the former Spice Girl being on the show and has an idea for her to have a cameo as herself.
"Victoria said she would love a cameo in the next season. Lena said she would love that and work on creating a suitable role - most likely, Vic playing herself," a source said.
Victoria also plans to introduce her two-year-old daughter Harper - her child with husband David Beckham - to the show when she is old enough.
Simon Cowell could be set to leave The X Factor.
The 54-year-old media mogul is a judge on the singing contest - which is his brainchild - however he could be planning to leave the show since it is pulling in fewer viewers than in previous years - with the live show on Tuesday night, attracting only 4.8 million viewers. The drop in numbers could force bosses to lower the budget on the series, meaning Simon will walk away and back onto the judging panel of the UK version of the talent show.
"People have talked as if it is all over for The X Factor, but that's not the case at all. It is true that ratings are down but it still does well with younger viewers if it was to come back next year it would have to have a lower budget. Simon leaving the show would allow a cheaper panel to be introduced - and give him the time to be reunited with the British show," an insider said.
The X Factor is currently in its third season with the winner awarded a $1 million recording contract with Simon's label Syco, however, in the previous two series' it was worth $5 million. Simon is currently on the judging panel alongside Demi Lovato, Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubio, and he is mentoring the groups category.
Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne are in talks to bring back their reality TV show. The couple and their kids Kelly and Jack became household names when their MTV series The Osbournes aired between 2002 and 2005 and achieved record ratings and now they are set to bring the cameras back into their home to document their marriage and family life.
Jack, 27, has hinted at a return, telling The Sun newspaper, "We've talked about it. It's been thrown around a little bit. It's just a different vibe."
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.