Kelly Rowland is in "final negotiations" to join The X Factor.
The Destiny's Child singer and Mexican superstar Paulina Rubio are expected to be announced as the new judges on the FOX singing competition on Monday, TMZ is reporting. After weeks of speculation, the pair are said to be signing a deal this weekend to sit alongside Simon Cowell and Demi Lovato on the judging panel for the program's third season. They would replace departing judges Britney Spears and L.A. Reid.
Kelly is no stranger to reality shows, having been a judge on The X Factor UK in 2011, while Paulina coached for The Voice Mexico. This comes after Simon announced on Twitter yesterday, "We start x factor auditions in charleston on Tuesday. The new panel will be announced Monday. This is going to be an interesting show! (sic)"
His right hand man Louis Walsh also recently revealed the music mogul was looking to shake things up with a female-heavy panel this year. "I think he's going to use three girls. Three girls and Simon. He wants to be the only male there ... It's like Charlie's Angels. I think it will be Demi Lovato, Simon Cowell, Kelly Rowland and another," Louis said.
Demi Lovato wants Britney Spears to return to The X Factor. The "Toxic" singer quit as a judge after just one season on the show and Demi is devastated she won't be working with Britney again, although she has come up with a suitable replacement.
"I wish Britney would come back. My next pick is Lady Gaga though, she's so cool," she said.
Demi and Simon Cowell are the only remaining members of the panel after L.A. Reid also quit at the end of last season, and the TV mogul says top of his list for the new panel is chemistry between the judges. "Simon delivered a simple message: Forget the big names and go for chemistry. He said all these shows have become distracted by signing celebrities rather than judges who really have something to say. We have all seen that big names don't translate into big ratings. Chemistry is top of the list of demands for next season. [Only Demi will return because her chemistry with Simon was] the best thing about the panel last year," a source said.
Both Jennifer Love-Hewitt and Kelly Rowland have been rumored as possible replacements to join the panel in 2014.
Jennifer Love-Hewitt is in the running to be a judge on X Factor.
The 34-year-old actress - who hit the charts in 2002 with her single "BareNaked" - is rumored to be joining Simon Cowell and Demi Lovato on the third season of the pop star search show as a replacement for the departed L.A. Reid and Britney Spears.
Speaking to Us Weekly magazine, a source said, "Simon is very interested [in Jennifer]." Cowell, 53, has two positions up for grabs on the judging panel and is believed to be chatting to several celebrities about the roles, although Hewitt is believed to be one of the favorites along with Kelly Rowland - who judged one series of the UK version of The X Factor. "Simon has always remained a fan of Kelly's and she's most definitely in the mix to join the judging panel on X Factor," a source said previously.
A representative for The X Factor has described the rumors as "pure speculation," though none have yet been denied.
Hewitt has released four albums in her career but turned her back on music in 2004. However, this year she recorded a cover of "I'm a Woman" to promote the second season of her TV show The Client List.
Cheryl Cole could be offered a huge deal to return to The X Factor.
The 29-year-old pop star was sacked during the show's first series in 2011 before suing Simon Cowell's talent show for $2.3 million, but it's now being reported she could be offered a big contract to tempt a return for the former judge.
"This is a massive move from Simon. He's going right out there and saying that he made a mistake in sacking her. After she was shunted off the show, TV critics in the US said in reviews that she was the best thing about the program - and it seems for once that Simon was wrong. Over the past two seasons, the X Factor hasn't performed as Simon would have wanted - now it looks like Cheryl will be the savior," a source said.
The insider speculates the Girls Aloud singer might not accept the deal after the added "humiliation" of being replaced by Nicole Scherzinger on the UK version of the show.
Mel B is replacing Sharon Osbourne on America's Got Talent.
The 37-year-old former Spice Girl - who previously worked on Australian X Factor - has reportedly signed a deal to join the judging panel for the NBC ahead of the start of its auditions in Los Angeles next month, after winning over the show's boss Simon Cowell.
"Simon loves trying people out on his shows, Mel's already been a judge on X Factor Australia and it's too far for her to keep taking the kids. She did want to do X Factor UK, but Simon really wanted her to do America's Got Talent. She's outspoken and never afraid to speak her mind, she makes for good TV. NBC execs will be watching through their eyes - let's hope they won't be using the delay button on live TV," a source said.
The mother-of-three is expected to join Howard Stern and Howie Mandel on the live TV show.
Cheryl Cole is suing The X Factor for $2.3 million after being dropped by the show.
The "Promise This" hitmaker was axed from music mogul Simon Cowell's talent show just days into the first auditions last year and though she was paid her salary for the entire season, but Cheryl, 29, is claiming they still owe her money.
TMZ reports that Cheryl says she signed a "Pay or Play" contract with production company Blue Orbit, who runs the show, in April 2011 and was assured that she would receive $2 million for the second season of the show - even if she wasn't to appear on the judging panel again. Cheryl also states in her 11-page lawsuit that she is owed further expenses which she was promised, such as a $100,000 wardrobe allowance, a stylist at $25,000 and $15,000-per-month for every hotel she stayed at in Los Angeles, California, during the filming of the show.
"May I say, Khloé, you're looking very sexy tonight. I think the air conditioning's on high tonight. It's very distracting."
- X Factor judge Simon Cowell comments on co-host Khloe Kardashian's extremely see-through top during the live show.
(Make sure to check out our other notable quotes.)
Read More | People
Howard Stern is reportedly ready to quit America's Got Talent.
The outspoken radio star - who replaced Piers Morgan this year - is said to have dropped major hints he will not return for a second stint as a judge on the popular reality TV series amid rumors the show's format will be completely overhauled for its eight series.
"AGT is massively successful, but every TV show needs a refresh to make it the best it can be. At this time, there are questions over whether Howard wants to return," a source said.
Speaking on his radio show last week, the popular radio host - for whom the show moved from Los Angeles to New York - admitted he recently realized he didn't need to be "all over the television."
The X Factor has been renewed for a third season.
Fox has announced its talent show will run for a third series and judge Simon Cowell - who quit the UK version of the show to set up the American program - insists he is "so proud" of The X Factor and praised the show's fans for all their support.
The music mogul - who sits alongside L.A. Reid, Britney Spears and Demi Lovato on the panel - said in a statement, "I couldn't be happier about The X Factor already being renewed for another season. I am so proud of the show and the team who have made it this season. I want to thank our incredible sponsors for their support and creativity, and Fox for going out of their way to do everything they can to make this show a success. Most importantly, I have to personally thank our amazing fans for the support and enthusiasm they have given to The X Factor."
Simon Cowell's TV show with Jada Pinkett-Smith has been axed.
The music mogul was set to work with the Hollywood actress and her husband Will Smith in a search for the world's greatest DJ, but the project was ditched after Simon demanded top billing and Jada's production company Overbrook Entertainment refused.
"It's not happening anymore because of Simon," a source told Page Six.
Another insider added, "There were some deal points that couldn't be worked out, and Sony [Pictures Television] and Overbrook walked away."
A representative for Simon's company Syco confirmed the show will not be going ahead, saying, "Syco and Overbrook decided not to proceed together on a DJ-competition show."
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.