Here’s an update on the shows you'll be seeing more of in the months to come:
- The A-List: New York (Logo) – Season 2
- Bethenny Ever After (Bravo) – Season 2
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) – Three more seasons
- Cake Boss: The Next Great Baker (TLC) – Season 2
- Californication (Showtime) – Season 5
- Flipping Out (Bravo) – Season 5
Read More | Deadline
Aside from America's Next Top Model's Tyra Banks -- how many reality show judges have we actually seen practice what they preach?
Later this week, chef Tom Colicchio will be adding his name to that short list.
Although Bravo is not currently airing Top Chef Masters, we will see one in action this Wednesday on Top Chef: All-Stars. Always wondered how Colicchio would fare in one of the program's "Quickfire" challenges? Check out the preview above.
Read More | New York Post
Here are some of the TV on DVD options available this week:
- Big Love (Season 4)
- iCarly (Season 2, Vol. 2)
- Enemy at the Door (Series 2)
- Make It or Break It (Season 1, Vol. 2)
- Mannix (Season 4)
- The Real Housewives of New Jersey (Season 2) **Avail. 1/9**
- The Real Housewives of Orange County (Season 3) **Avail. 1/9**
- The Ricky Gervais Show (Season 1)
- Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends (Complete Series)
- The Sarah Jane Adventures (Season 3)
- Top Chef: DC (Complete Season) **Avail. 1/9**
Make sure to also check out the DVD and Blu-ray film options for this week.
Read More | Amazon
(To get a look at TV Envy's 2010-11 Midseason Television Programming Schedule, click here.)
- My Big Friggin' Wedding (VH1, 9 P.M.): "Johnny has a garage sale to raise money for the wedding." Face it: His fiancee was going to make him get rid of his stuff anyway.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS, 9 P.M.): "Alan gets creative with a gift for Lyndsey when he's ashamed that he can't afford an expensive present. " He's going to try a little tenderness and see if that works.
- Gossip Girl (CW, 9 P.M.): "Chuck believes that Lily is not being entirely honest with him." She keeps telling him that Jenny's absence is strictly for creative reasons, but he thinks otherwise.
(Make sure to check out TV Envy's Programming Schedule.)
- 90210 (CW, 8 P.M.): "Dixon and Annie sign Debbie up for online dating, but she ends up with Ryan during a date." The dating pool in their zip code is surprisingly small.
- Giuliana & Bill (Style, 10 P.M.): "Giuliana encourages her niece to be a model and the encounter rekindle's Giuliana's desire to become a mom." She never quite understood the whole 'Stage Mom' thing until now.
- Hoarders (A&E, 10 P.M.): "A husband sleeps in his car because his wife's hoarding is so bad that he has no room in the house." The first husband in is the first husband squeezed out.
- Kate Plus 8 (TLC, 9 p.m.): “Kate and the kids board a train and travel to New York City for a day of sightseeing.” See Mommy on TV. See Mommy get her extensions fixed.
- Lie to Me (FOX, 9 p.m.): “A young woman’s disappearance leads to an investigation of crime in the pornography industry.” Heidi Montag’s been on the run ever since she stole her sex tape back from Vivid.
- Dating in the Dark (ABC, 10 p.m.): “The contestants don swimwear and frolic on a makeshift beach in the darkroom.” Note to self: Bathing suit can now be worn in dark rooms.
- The Bachelorette (ABC, 8pm): “Ali questions some of the bachelors’ sincerity. Indeed, two of them seem to be as focused on each other as they are on her.” Well, they did they say they came there looking for love.
- The Secret Life of the American Teenager (ABC Family, 8pm): “Amy runs into Bristol Palin in her dorm, and soon she realizes the music program is for teen moms.” Palin clearly wasn’t accepted into the program for her actual talent.
- Incredible to Edible (TLC, 10pm): “A couple think they can cook, but their inedible boiled fish and microwaved eggs prove otherwise.” Oh, hold up - you can microwave eggs?
- Little People (TLC, 8pm): “A county inspector pays a surprise visit to Roloff Farms and threatens to shut it down before the start of pumpkin season.” A reopening appears as likely as the Great Pumpkin’s arrival.
- Cake Boss (TLC, 9:30pm): “A cake shaped like a pink hearse is created.” It’s like they say, you’ll end up in what you eat.
- The Real Housewives of New Jersey (Bravo, 10pm): “It’s in the cards that Jacqueline will host a poker night, where Danielle’s ex-flame spills more scandalous gossip.” Thank goodness for staged sex tapes, otherwise these ladies would have nothing to talk about.
Natalie Portman spiced up Top Chef with her recent appearance, making the table laugh with her somewhat ribald joke. And she looks so sweet!
Want to hear the quip? Watch the clip!
Read More | E! Online
Bravo has recently picked up a Top Chef spin-off, titled Top Chef: Just Desserts. Casting is underway, and the show is expected to air in 2010 after production wraps.
Though Top Chef offers great reality TV fare, desserts aren’t often on the menu. “Their Achilles heel is usually the desserts,” Frances Berwick, Bravo executive Vice President and general manager, admitted. “We’ve been thinking it would be fun to do a Top Chef with experienced pastry chefs. We’ve had a few pastry chefs…but they haven’t gone too far. It’s just a different skill.”
One that will finally have its own Top Chef spotlight, apparently. No hosts or judges for the show have been revealed, but it’s all supposed to come together in upcoming weeks.
Read More | Variety
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.