Okay, so CBS was in repeats—but I think we’d all accept gifts when we can. A lack of competition helped Friday’s broadcast of Ugly Betty reach its best numbers of the season. Thankfully, the program will be given a new opportunity when it starts airing on Wednesdays in January.
- Law & Order (8.8 million, 1.7/6) had a long-awaited win in its hour.
- Yes, Virginia (1.3/5) entertained 5.3 million.
- Supernanny (1.3/5) scolded 4.6 million.
- The Big Bang Theory* (1.4/5) contributed 4.6 million to the evening.
- The first hour of Dollhouse (1.0/3) raised 2.7 million.
- Smallville* (0.5/1) averaged 1.4 million over two hours.
Read More | TV by the Numbers
(Make sure to check out TV Envy’s Programming Schedule.)
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS, 8pm): “Marshall finds a letter he wrote when he was young, and it has a dramatic effect on him.” Up until then, he had completely forgotten all about Sarah Marshall.
- Cake Boss (TLC, 9pm): “The crew makes a holiday-themed cake for a drag queen.” The holiday? Cher’s birthday.
- Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (Food, 10pm): “Guy Fieri visits North Pole, Alaska, for a taste of local Christmas favorites, including holiday ham with wild Alaskan cranberries; Reindeer hoagies; and “Santa” burgers.” For this trip, Fieri will be joined by a special guest: The Grinch.
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.