Latest Video: FilmCrunch 067: Hairspray, Chuck & Larry, Premonition reviewed
- The Secret Life of the American Teenager (ABC, 8 p.m.): “Ben and Adrian have ulterior motives for getting engaged.” He really needs a new Wii while she’s eyeing a new bedspread.
- Intervention (A&E, 9 p.m.): “A flight attendant battles alcoholism.” The intervention takes a turn when he grabs two beers and flees via the emergency slide.
- The Big C (Showtime, 10:30 p.m.): Series premiere. “Suburban Minneapolis wife and schoolteacher Cathy (Laura Linney), who is dying from skin cancer, begins to take charge of her life and live it up a little.” Here’s to SPF 15—Woo Hoo!
Here’s an update on the shows you’ll be seeing more of in the months to come:
- Entourage (HBO) - Season 8 (Final) **Likely followed by big screen film**
- The Fabulous Beekman Boys (Planet Green) - Season 2
- Locked Up Abroad (Nat. Geographic) - Season 5
- Merlin (Syfy) - Season 3
- Shark Tank (ABC) - Season 2
- Taboo (Nat. Geographic) - Season 7
Read More | TV by the Numbers
- Bachelor Pad (ABC, 8pm): Series debut. “The Bachelor and The Bachelorette meet Big Brother in this elimination contest, in which 19 castoffs from the ABC dating games face weekly challenges while living under the same roof. Before the first elimination, there’s a day-night group date.” Rejects being rejected by rejects? This is Must See TV!
- Last Comic Standing (NBC, 9pm): Season finale. “The winning stand-up comic is revealed.” I look forward to hearing nothing about this person for years to come.
- Huge (ABC Family, 9pm): “The campers get anxious when they hear it’s time for their first weigh-in.” The results will determine whom they face in the ring.
- The Bachelorette (ABC, 8pm): Season finale. “Ali arrives in Bora Bora with two guys (Chris L. and Roberto) and one rose. Her family are also there—-and they do her no favor by liking both bachelors equally.” Her family said it was so hard to choose in this loser-loser situation.
- The Good Guys (FOX, 9pm): “A crime family dispatches an assassin to kill a man in the Witness Protection Program after Dan accidentally exposes the man’s identity.” He forgot to adjust his Facebook privacy settings to “Friends Only.”
- The Closer (TNT, 9pm): “Provenza stumbles into a compromising situation, as is his habit, when he romances a flight attendant on company time—-then discovers a dead body in her condominium.” It was too big to stuff into the overhead compartment.
(Warning: NSFW language ahead.)
I never thought I would find myself saying this, but Jessica Simpson does a lot better in this Entourage cameo than I ever imagined she would.
Granted, I expected very little. And really - how hard could it possibly be to call Ari Gold (Jeremy Piven) an “a**hole”?
Read More | Us Weekly
- Behind the Music (VH1, 8pm): “Usher is profiled through interviews and archival clips. The R&B star discusses his relationship with TLC’s Chilli.” I’d hate to say things are still “chilly” between them, but…
- Rizzoli & Isles (TNT, 10pm): “Jane clashes with her new boss (Donnie Wahlberg).” You have to hang tough with that guy.
- True Beauty (ABC, 10pm): Season finale. “The three beauties left are paired with celebrities to party the night away. They then don’t get to sleep it off, but instead must film a commercial about Las Vegas. One player folds like a house of cards from the sleep deprivation.” Beauty sleep is for suckers who can’t afford plastic surgery.
-Enthusiasm for the men of HBO was down this summer. Viewer numbers for the Sunday premieres of Entourage and Hung were down 25% and 13% respectively.
-Would you be enthusiastic to watch The Office without Steve Carell? The NBC star thinks his eventual exit could bring a “dynamic change” to the comedy.
-Change will also be coming to Project Runway. The Lifetime reality program will expand to 90 minutes per episode when it returns on July 29.
-Expect more drama ahead for The Real Housewives of Atlanta. According to a report, NeNe Leakes - who recently had a nose job - is splitting from Greg, her husband of 14 years.
-The soon-to-be canceled As the World Turns nabbed three Daytime Emmys for acting over the weekend. The Bold and the Beautiful won for Best Drama.
Here are some of the TV on DVD options available this Tuesday:
- Ah! My Goddess (Season 2)
- Avatar: The Last Airbender (Book 1)
- Checkmate (Complete Series)
- Entourage (Season 6)
- Heroic Age (Complete Series)
- Hung (Season 1)
- Riverworld (TV Movie)
- Suzuka (Complete Series)
- Tom & Jerry (Deluxe Anniversary Collection)
Read More | Amazon
-Could The Office survive without Steve Carell? The comedian recently told the BBC that the upcoming season will “probably be” his last year.
-Dexter fans can breathe a sigh of relief. A “fully recovered” Michael C. Hall is expected to return to work this summer after battling Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
-HBO has new date for you to mark on your calendar. Entourage and Hung will both premiere on June 27, two weeks after True Blood‘s debut.
-Could Matt LeBlanc use some Friends? Both Thomas Haden Church and Claire Forlani have dropped out of Episodes, LeBlanc’s new Showtime comedy. Church blames scheduling conflicts; Forlani’s reason is unknown.
-Love is in the air on CNN. Anchors John Roberts and Kyra Phillips were recently engaged. Roberts proposed last weekend during a game of golf.
It’s. About. Freaking. Time.
Although I have enjoyed many things about Entourage, there is one thing that’s always bothered me: Adrian Grenier‘s hair. I have never understood why women would throw themselves at a man with a mop like that.
Well - based on these pictures of Grenier on set of his HBO show in Los Angeles, it appears a change has finally come. Now if they could just tame Vincent Chase’s eyebrows…
Season 7 of Entourage will begin later this summer.
Read More | Just Jared
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.