- STICKY POST
- I'm done, close this
Check out our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide, win some awesome gadgets!
Our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide is in full swing - we are adding our recommendations daily, aimed at men, women, teens, families, techies, and more. If you need help figuring out what to get the people in your life, head on over to our Guide for some ideas. We’ll even be giving away some of the items featured this year!
Sunday December 16, 2007 5:22 pm
This Week on TV (12/17-12/23)
- Duel (ABC, 8pm): The first of six-airings this week. In this game show, the contestants ‘challenge each other’s intellect and skill, but a single wrong answer disqualifies them from trying for the $1.5 million prize.’ Seriously - if a show is going to be named ‘Duel’, it should involve body blows.
- Clash of the Choirs (NBC, 8pm): This four-part series brings us Michael Bolton, Patti LaBelle, Nick Lachey and Kelly Rowland. Surprisingly, this combo is not part of some VH1 program.
- Notes from the Underbelly (ABC, 9pm): “Eric must organize a baby party without ruining friendships.” His pals are all hoping they don’t have to come.
- Journeyman (NBC, 10pm): “Dan is sent to rescue a mother and son in an RV hanging from a cliff.” Just for clarification—do his travels always predate the existence of 911?
- Clash of the Choirs (NBC, 8pm): “The first choir is eliminated.” What does it sound like when a whole group starts wailing at the same time?
- The Biggest Loser (NBC, 9pm): Season 4 finale. I think the winner should pull out a wagon full of fat ala Oprah (circa 1988). It always makes for great (and embarrassing) TV.
- Nip/Tuck (FX, 10pm): “Sean discovers the secret about Julia that Christian has been keeping from him.” Just like all men, Sean and Christian will simply grunt and make up.
- The Real Housewives of Orange County (Bravo, 10pm): “A flap between Jeana and Vicki menaces their friendship.” I’m guessing Jeana finally told the motormouth to shut up.
- Crowned: The Mother of All Pageants (CW, 8pm): “The daughters choose swimwear for themselves and their moms.” There are just some things we don’t need to see.
- Gossip Girl (CW, 9pm): “Blair’s father comes home for Christmas - and brings his boyfriend with him.” I’m guessing it won’t be a happy holiday for someone.
- A Holiday Celebration at Ford’s Theater (ABC, 10pm): The special includes performances by Olivia Newton-John and comic-actor Christopher Titus. I have yet to find anyone who watches this sort of thing.
- Journeyman (NBC, 10pm): “Livia lands in the present just as her wedding in the past is about to happen.” Unfortunately, the nuptials are interrupted by the series’ cancellation.
- Clash of the Choirs (NBC, 8pm): “A winner is chosen from the final three choirs.” Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS, 8pm): Repeat. Rewatch the awkward moment when everyone finds out about Grissom and Sara.
- The Office (NBC, 10pm): Repeat. Speaking of awkward, relive the moment when Michael runs over Meredith. Classic.
- The Singing Bee (NBC, 8pm): Singer Deborah Harry makes an appearance. The odds are against any contestant mastering the rap lyrics in ‘Rapture’.
- Dateline (NBC, 9pm): Out of respect to Stone Phillips, I will never watch this news magazine again. (Not that I would have anyway.)
- The Next Great American Band (FOX, 9pm): A winner is chosen to receive a recording contract. Will they become successful like Daughtry or simply forgotten like Taylor Hicks?
- Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events (ABC, 8pm): Jim Carrey stars as Count Olaf in this dark comedy. Don’t confuse this role with the Grinch character he’s already played or the Scrooge impression he will do.
- Elf (CBS, 8pm): Don’t waste your money on that Fred Claus currently in theaters; spend your Saturday night at home watching this holiday film for free.
- Elmo’s Christmas Countdown (ABC, 7pm): “Elmo and Abby try to help Stiller the Elf track down the 10 numbered boxes in his magical Christmas Counter Downer.” As hard as I try, I just can’t hate the little red guy (even if his blue counterpart, Grover, continually gets shafted).
- The Amazing Race (CBS, 8pm): “One pair considers making a permanent change to their bodies to further their position in the race.” Tattoos! Tattoos!
- The Santa Clause 2 (ABC, 9pm): “Having been the new Santa Claus for eight years, Scott Calvin discovers he must find a wife - or his reign as Santa will end.” Is that a promise or a threat?
- Related Tags:
- a holiday celebration at fords theater, a series of unfortunate events, abc, bravo, chris daughtry, christopher titus, clash of the choirs, comedy, crime scene investigation, crowned: the mother of all pageants, csi, cw, dateline, deborah harry, drama, duel, elf, elmo, elmos christmas countdown, fx, game show, games, gossip girl, jim carrey, journeyman, kelly rowland, lemony snicket, michael bolton, music, nbc, news, nick lachey, nip tuck, niptuck, notes from the underbelly, olivia newton-john, patti labelle, reality, reality competition, sidefeatured, stone phillips, taylor hicks, the amazing race, the biggest loser, the next great american band, the office, the real housewives of orange county, the santa clause 2, the singing bee, this week on tv, will ferrell
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.